• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job Retention Scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eatapeach View Post
    I've not got one, but I might be getting one. But I doubt it somehow. My contract ran out May 1st and the organisation publicly announced that due to CV19 they were not renewing any contracts. I have my hiring manager emails where he was asking me to tell him the grounds for my 4 month extension (ie what my work was going to be after May 1st) and then the decision mid April to not renew contacts.

However I just don't believe that any of this will work. Like others have said the whole chain is full of holes with no clear responsibility so experience tells me everyone will just avoid it where possible.

Parasol (in the attached) want conformation from the client or agency, my umbrella hinted at that but since I sent them the emails they haven't requested it again. They rang today and said that they wanted all the applications in by Friday, and if successful they would commence payments in the last week of May. I spoke to the agent, he seemed happy to provide the declaration but then said he would "have to get it cleared by head office legal"

They told me this also.

I forwarded them the letter of confirmation from my end client and agency that my contract would have been extended and they replied stating it makes no difference. If the contract ended on the parasol portal, that is what they are going by. Nothing else. Which i find extremely unfair. Especially employees that have been with them for over 3 years with constant work.

I did get an email from the CEO of Parasol yesterday stating that they are working with the HMRC to change the guidelines so that we can be made eligible. But I highly doubt anything will come from that as everything i've seen on the HMRC is stating we are already eligible. I just don't get it.

Comment

Parasol have updated their policy today 10am on their public blog Employee Furlough Confirmation: A note from our CEO | Parasol

There is an important change here for me:

As a result, we have made the decision to update our policy so that the period of furlough will be taken to run until the later of:

The original assignment end date; or,
      The date to which the assignment would have been extended had it not been for COVID-19, where we have evidence to confirm this position either from our agency partners or, where possible, the end client.
      I have no idea why they are trying to communicate with a blog instead of emailing.

I was told on Friday my best option was to resign and claim benefits with my P45. I have been with Parasol over 10 years.

Problem was they said my contract that was cancelled on the 19th March was due to finish 28th March and they weren't going to bother if that period was less than 3 weeks remaining. They also said future contracts aren't considered.

I had signed an extension from 28th March to 28th June but they said that didn't count because I had not clicked on the 'Confirm' button on their portal. Contract was signed with the agency though.

The last 11 years I thought I was being responsible by a) going PAYE and b) Putting money away in case of a rainy day. Seems both those decisions have shafted me now because I have zero income.

Comment

I should never have joined Parsol. Just look at the awful feedback here: Find fairer IR35 & CV19 clients, agents & brollys. OffPayroll.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ben555 View Post
          I should never have joined Parsol. Just look at the awful feedback here: Find fairer IR35 & CV19 clients, agents & brollys. OffPayroll.org.uk
          Wow, i've been trying to find somewhere online where Parasol employees could voice their concerns as they are very good at being quiet on social media. Thank you for sharing. It's upsetting to see so many people in the same situation as me =(

Comment

Working...
          X