• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Furlough pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furlough pay

If anyone is with parasol and been refused furlough pay
    Please get in touch as we are taking this further

I'm not sure there is anything you can do to take this "further" sorry to say. An employer does not have to furlough anyone, it is at their discretion unfortunately. It has to be an agreement between both the employer and employee, so if one party does not agree then furlough does not have to take place.

Comment

Me!

Unfortunately I was on a rolling contract with my end client which was in the sporting industry. The contract wasn't renewed on the parasol portal due to all sporting events being cancelled. I had a letter from my end client and my agency that the contract would have been extended to the end of May had it not been for Covid.

But Parasol are still staying that I'm illegible because on the portal it shows my contract coming to a natural end, despite the letter from my end client and agency.

It's super upsetting and I don't see how they can just disregard us like this. Especially employees that have been on the books for over 3 years with constant work.

They have issued an email announcement today that they are raising this with the HMRC, which gives me some hope. But I don't understand why some umbrellas are willing to furlough with confirmation letters and Parasol isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Conwellski View Post
        Me!

Unfortunately I was on a rolling contract with my end client which was in the sporting industry. The contract wasn't renewed on the parasol portal due to all sporting events being cancelled. I had a letter from my end client and my agency that the contract would have been extended to the end of May had it not been for Covid.

But Parasol are still staying that I'm illegible because on the portal it shows my contract coming to a natural end, despite the letter from my end client and agency.

It's super upsetting and I don't see how they can just disregard us like this. Especially employees that have been on the books for over 3 years with constant work.

They have issued an email announcement today that they are raising this with the HMRC, which gives me some hope. But I don't understand why some umbrellas are willing to furlough with confirmation letters and Parasol isn't?
        HMRC made the guidance clear - Parasol can only lose reputation by this

If you’re on a fixed term contract
        If you were on a fixed term contract your employer can re-employ, furlough and claim for you if your contract expired after either:
        • 28 February 2020 and an RTI payment submission for you was notified to HMRC on or before 28 February 2020
        • 19 March 2020 and an RTI payment submission for you was notified to HMRC on or before 19 March 2020

If your fixed term contract has not already expired, your employer can extend or renew it. Your employer can claim for you if an RTI payment submission for you was notified to HMRC on or before 19 March 2020.

Check if your employer can use the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme - GOV.UK

Comment

Read today's update here: Employee Furlough Confirmation: A note from our CEO | Parasol

Comment

Originally posted by ben555 View Post
            Wow, I'm surprised this was not sent in an email today otherwise I would not have known, so thank you for sharing. This is great news! Hopefully everyone can get letters from their agency. Although i'm expecting agencies won't confirm anything unless confirmation comes from the end client as well.

Fingers crossed from us all!

Please update on here if you receive furlough payments.

Comment

Wow, I'm surprised this was not sent in an email today otherwise I would not have known, so thank you for sharing. This is great news! Hopefully everyone can get letters from their agency. Although i'm expecting agencies won't confirm anything unless confirmation comes from the end client as well.

Fingers crossed from us all!

Please update on here if you receive furlough payments.
              I'd imagine it still leaves a chunk of people that can't claim and a group of people in a grey area where they brolly and their opinion on whether it's directly covd related will have to argue it out.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I'd imagine it still leaves a chunk of people that can't claim and a group of people in a grey area where they brolly and their opinion on whether it's directly covd related will have to argue it out.
                Oh for sure.

According to HMRC anyone who is paying PAYE, has a UK bank account and was on the books before the required date is eligible. It's quite simple. But Parasol have unfortunately created their own criteria.

Comment

I have been furloughed by Parasol!

I barely believe it. I emailed them to complain about their terrible comms and then they confirmed that my furlough was going through and I need to accept a change to my contract of employment.

I could see no mention of this on the employee portal but after 20 minutes trying to get through on the phone I spotted a tiny button that said "View variation of contract" or something similar. I had to click on that and accept a change in terms but then heard nothing after submitting that form.

I am very suspicious of the way they are failing to communicate properly. Previous they advised me to resign and claim benefits. I wonder if their hope is that a lot of people will resign to save them the bother of furloughing.

Comment

Oh for sure.

According to HMRC anyone who is paying PAYE, has a UK bank account and was on the books before the required date is eligible. It's quite simple. But Parasol have unfortunately created their own criteria.
                    I understand that every organisation has to follow some rules and regulations however it is equally important for organisation to put their senior teams work day and night to make decisions, which impact human life. Parasol surely failed here, when other Umbrella companies are putting workers (Under their PAYE scheme) on government paid furlough scheme.

Not sure if Parasol is waiting for Sunak to give them a ring and clear the simple wording which Government has published. I hope Mr Parasol CEO can imagine if he would have been in the same situation....have no money coming in....bills to pay, no job, someone in the family died due to COVID-19, then what would have been his reaction.

Comment

Working...
                    X