• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Furlough pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was meant to be paid my Furlough yesterday from Trafalgar contractor solutions. They have unfortunately hopeless in dealing with this. Received nothing yesterday. They have conveniently turned their phones off and won’t reply to emails but will send out company wide impersonal updates via email. It feels as if they are dragging their heels and hiding, hoping it’ll go away.

Comment

Originally posted by BBJ10 View Post
      I was meant to be paid my Furlough yesterday from Trafalgar contractor solutions. They have unfortunately hopeless in dealing with this. Received nothing yesterday. They have conveniently turned their phones off and won’t reply to emails but will send out company wide impersonal updates via email. It feels as if they are dragging their heels and hiding, hoping it’ll go away.
      Same here - seems to be the same hope it goes away approach with Mango/Crest.

Since the start of May it's been "in discussion with HMRC". They finally submitted me as a furloughed employee by their deadline of May 12th. The first day of furlough was May 4th.

I asked for an update - nothing.

I rang two weeks ago - "yes we will pay you on the 22nd or the 29th of May". They promised to send me an email confirming my eligibility for furlough, nothing arrived.

Rang again today, "yes" they said "you are in the scheme". They claimed they were busy paying March and April furlough payments, and would get to the May ones "next week".

Again I asked for confirmation in writing, but have received nothing.

What I cannot understand is why they are playing catch up with March and April payments. Do HMRC just send them a bucket of cash and leave them to distribute as they see fit? I assumed as payroll professionals it would be a lot more certain than this.

I'll send an email to APSCO and FCSA - not that I expect that to do anything.

Comment

Parasol Furlough

Hi, I am hoping people can give me some advice on my situation.

Firstly I am with Parasol and after countless emails, letters, and phone calls I was furloughed. I work with multiple clients on rolling contracts, as im sure most of you do.

The assignment that they eventually deemed eligible was from the 16th of March running to the 20th of April.
        Therefore they have calculated my furlough pay for these dates but terminated the furlough pay beyond that. Speaking to HRMC I am eligible for furlough payments till July.
        This makes no sense as it defeats the point of the scheme? There is no work and I can't pay my bills etc.

Does this seem correct for Parasol to limit the payment to the active assignment date and not beyond that?

Additionally as I had an outstanding invoice get paid the same time as the furlough, the payment amount has been reduced to basically nothing.
        Parasol saying the following:
        "You had also received a salary payment within this tax month, due to this your payments were recalculated based on the total taxable pay processed."

So basically its been a giant waste of time and effort to even get furloughed. It really affected my mental health and I'm now at a stage of resigning from parasol and moving on with my life.

Any thoughts or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
        Will

Comment

[QUOTE=ben555;2772930]I have been furloughed by Parasol!

Have you received furlough pay for your assignment date or beyond that, in line with the government dates?

Comment

Originally posted by Will111 View Post
            The assignment that they eventually deemed eligible was from the 16th of March running to the 20th of April. Therefore they have calculated my furlough pay for these dates but terminated the furlough pay beyond that.
            First of all furloughing is a decision that is made by the employer, there is no requirement / obligati to furlough someone.

Does this seem correct for Parasol to limit the payment to the active assignment date and not beyond that?
            Again an employers decision, morally probably not, but from a business perspective it is limiting their costs.

Additionally as I had an outstanding invoice get paid the same time as the furlough, the payment amount has been reduced to basically nothing. Parasol saying the following:"You had also received a salary payment within this tax month, due to this your payments were recalculated based on the total taxable pay processed."
            If you have been paid within that tax period, then they are correct, the furlough would only be allowable for the period that you were not working. For umbrella companies, this becomes a headache as funds are normally paid in the period after the work has been completed, and although industry groups have been asking for answers, it has not been forthcoming from the government, which helps neither those businesses or their contractors unfortunately.

Comment

So basically its been a giant waste of time and effort to even get furloughed. It really affected my mental health and I'm now at a stage of resigning from parasol and moving on with my life.

Any thoughts or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
              Will
              Sounds like a good idea to me.

Comment

Working...
              X