• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Orange Genie - Umbrella - Payment Issues - Salary Sacrifice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange Genie - Umbrella - Payment Issues - Salary Sacrifice

Hi,

I've recently been forced into using Umbrellas due to clients in the sector.

has anyone else had issues with Orange Genie with regards to salary sacrifice pensions?
    Specifically the percentage based settings?

I've had a single set of invoices go through with them, but they originally took a fixed amount instead of % for salary sacrifice; and so I was overpaid.

Once corrected (took over a week, and required sending money back) they've calculated the deduction having already deducted the deduction. (if that makes sense)

(e.g. For instance with a 20% salary sacrifice (ignoring the margin deductions):
    £1000 invoice
    20% sacrifice = £800 gross
    £800 gross - 20% sacrifice = £160 actually deducted for pension
    creating an actual 16% sacrifice instead of 20%)

16% obviously isn't 20%, they've effectively calculated 20% of (100%-20%) - but it's better than their first attempt.

Now due to the "calculation errors" they're saying they've halted percentage deductions altogether.

I've been chasing them for over a week for clarification on what's actually happening, given I no longer know what's happening with my deductions, but haven't had a response yet.
    I've raised a complaint with them, but not sure whether that will actually escalate anything.

Has this issue been communicated to anyone else?
    I've not had anything official from them with regards to their setup; or how to proceed.

Separately as part of the initial issue they seem to have now underpaid me, due to me sending back the original over-payment.

Don't know if they're just stretched due to covid\wfh, or this is how they usually are.

Thanks,

Originally posted by nehnekcihc View Post
    (e.g. For instance with a 20% salary sacrifice (ignoring the margin deductions):
    £1000 invoice
    20% sacrifice = £800 gross
    £800 gross - 20% sacrifice = £160 actually deducted for pension
    creating an actual 16% sacrifice instead of 20%)

16% obviously isn't 20%, they've effectively calculated 20% of (100%-20%) - but it's better than their first attempt.
    It will probably depend on how they have their system set up in order to be able to calculate it, that said they should be able to do 20% from the gross income / invoice value.

Comment

Working...
    X