• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help - any advice on these umbrella companies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    From what I've read on here recently, they're not as good as they once were.
    Yeah, the good Contractor Umbrella reviews seem to mostly date back to the previous ownership (Lucy).

Comment

Used the bottom 3 over the years, I wouldn’t recommend Danbro or giant. I tried to use contractor umbrella last year for an inside role, but they couldn’t be bothered to call me back

Comment

Originally posted by Wary View Post
        There are already some threads advising to avoid Contractor Umbrella that you may like to read.

I'd recommend that you look at this:
        Find fairer IR35 & CV19 clients, agents & brollys. OffPayroll.org.uk
        to see which brollies were good at furloughing their employees. PayStream are seemingly one of the recommended ones whereas Contractor Umbrella refused to furlough any of their contractors.
        Awesome thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Netraider View Post
          Hi,

I am currently using Paystream and Contractor Umbrella (Long boring story as to why I am using two...). The on boarding was slicker with Paystream, but overall the day to day running seems OK with both of them. I have no experience with any of the others.
          Great to know! Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by Wary View Post
            There are already some threads advising to avoid Contractor Umbrella that you may like to read.

I'd recommend that you look at this:
            Find fairer IR35 & CV19 clients, agents & brollys. OffPayroll.org.uk
            to see which brollies were good at furloughing their employees. PayStream are seemingly one of the recommended ones whereas Contractor Umbrella refused to furlough any of their contractors.
            Very fair point. Thanks for the link. I've definitely been considering this too.

Comment

Originally posted by lele7070 View Post
              Hi, I have to switch from a limited to umbrella company due to a client work.

Anyone used these before? Any to avoid or which ones are amazing?
              • iCS
              • PayStream
              • Contractor Umbrella
              • Danbro
              • Parasol
              • Giant
              Remember whatever your current rate is you will end up with about 53% of it in your personal bank account with no expenses

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                Remember whatever your current rate is you will end up with about 53% of it in your personal bank account with no expenses

[/url]
                Ish.

To be honest, if I was the OP, Id do the following:
                1/ Put my expected day rate and other details through the site's Umbrella Calculator
                2/ Have a look at the reviews on each and consider the key points; admin and timeliness of payment. As you say, the only things that differ should be the fees and payment frequency
                3/ Weigh up your appetite for risk versus payment frequency and decide what suits you. I found that monthly fees were lower than weekly ones over the life of the contract.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                  ace thanks. good point to note.

Comment

Ish.

To be honest, if I was the OP, Id do the following:
                    1/ Put my expected day rate and other details through the site's Umbrella Calculator
                    2/ Have a look at the reviews on each and consider the key points; admin and timeliness of payment. As you say, the only things that differ should be the fees and payment frequency
                    3/ Weigh up your appetite for risk versus payment frequency and decide what suits you. I found that monthly fees were lower than weekly ones over the life of the contract.
                    Thanks for the advice.

Comment

From what I've read on here recently, they're not as good as they once were.
                      Hi LondonManc,

Heh, it's funny how things are sometimes perceived.

The latter part of 2019 and all of 2020 has been hectic. We've grown significantly as a business (and won some awards on the way! ) and there have been some teething issues.

Unfortunately, there have been times where things do go wrong, but we're still here trying to provide an A+ service.

Thanks,

Zeeshan
                      Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Working...
                      X