• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Soaking wet under Parasol's umbrella, or Meet the umbrella company from hell

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soaking wet under Parasol's umbrella, or Meet the umbrella company from hell

I am an LTD contractor who went on a short umbrella-arrangement gig, and, following a referral from my accountants Nixon Williams, retained the services of Parasol Group, their sister company. Oh, how I regret this now. I meant to direct most of my earnings from this gig to my pension, and very explicitly directed Parasol to park the money once the client pays, in order for me to make a pension contribution, and not pay me. Guess what - they did anyway. Even worse, once challenged - and this has now been escalated - they refused to make amends. Imagine being offered "apologies" when looking at £8,000 that went from your pocket to HMRC. HMRC themselves tell me Parasol just need to request a correction - and yet... My head spins. On to a formal complaint, and possibly on to Financial Ombudsman, and even a court...

Working...
X