• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another one to be careful of. Prestige Umbrella Ltd.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one to be careful of. Prestige Umbrella Ltd.

Email this morning from Prestige Umbrella Ltd. claiming up to 90% retention via expenses and a shares / capital gains scheme, fully compliant with tax law verified by Tax Counsel. The usual guff.

Quick check on companies house shows the Ltd Company has been dormant since it was registered in 2015.

PRESTIGE UMBRELLA LTD - Filing history (free information from Companies House)

Only one director, who also appears to be the co. secretary.

PRESTIGE UMBRELLA LTD - Officers (free information from Companies House)

Who has a fairly extensive history in company creation and operating umbrella companies including one that has been previously identified by HMRC as:

Originally posted by https://library.croneri.co.uk/cch_uk/btc/2019-tc-07281
    an umbrella company that facilitates a mass marketed tax avoidance scheme, known internally in HMRC as ‘Mapleseed’. Documents obtained show that users were leaving a previous scheme which involved depreciating foreign exchange currencies (‘FOREX’) operated through Choice Premier and were being invited to use an alternative scheme operated through Jupiter and based on interest free loans.
    And which also involved a number of his other companies, as well as at least one registered in the Seychelles. Money was transferred between them before payments were made to contractors via interest free loans that were then replayed by a Trust in Berlize, presumably in a scheme to try and avoid tax liabilities.

His name also turns up in connection with the Icebreaker scheme that Take That got caught up in.

UK Tax Avoiders: Breaking the Ice

Barge poles at the ready I think.
    Last edited by DaveB; 22 July 2020, 10:21.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Dunno about barge poles. We should be getting burning crosses and pitchforks out.

He also seems to be linked to Tek Umbrella which has also be called out on here in the past.
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...rella-ltd.html
    Last edited by northernladuk; 22 July 2020, 10:23.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

He was behind Williams Gordon (whose website is no longer up and running, even though google is still getting hits)
      Here's the Advertising Standards Authority's thoughts on them:
      Williams Gordon Ltd - ASA | CAP
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        He was behind Williams Gordon (whose website is no longer up and running, even though google is still getting hits)
        Here's the Advertising Standards Authority's thoughts on them:
        Williams Gordon Ltd - ASA | CAP
        Interesting that one. In theory any of these schemes could be reported citing this judgement which should put paid to all their advertising no? That would be worth spending a bit of time reporting them.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

They are linked to so many other businesses, just check out the Runnymeade address, all come back to the same people! Just a case of Phoenixing after phoenixing I think!

Comment

Contact with Kerridge etc

I'm going to try here as well as the other more relevant forums - as they have been dead for a while and I know that Kerridge helped Turner with the FX arrangements and some of the earlier schemes.

Not wanting to put my head in the lions mouth - but has anyone heard from Kerridge since early this year. It seems that I along with a lot of other people have given him thousands of pounds to defend schemes that he had a hand in advising on and now he seems to have gone AWOL. He's not answering his phone and his companies are no longer at their registered addresses.

Also its a complete joke that these cowboys are able to continue trading and the worst that HMRC seem to have achieved is a complaint to the ASA.

Comment

Working...
            X