Giant or Contractor Umbrella? Giant or Contractor Umbrella? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 15 of 15

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by Wary View Post
    Late payments was a persistent issue for me during my time with CU.
    Late Payments are surely the biggest concern with an umbrella (provided your agency is honest about payment dates).

The money should really only touch an umbrella's bank account, it shouldn't rest in it.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Late Payments are surely the biggest concern with an umbrella (provided your agency is honest about payment dates).

The money should really only touch an umbrella's bank account, it shouldn't rest in it.
    My late payments were a result of CU raising/submitting the agency invoice after the deadline, despite prompt completion of my timesheets.

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by Wary View Post
    My late payments were a result of CU raising/submitting the agency invoice after the deadline, despite prompt completion of my timesheets.
    Slightly different but a problem that shouldn't occur as it is a process that should be automated out of the way.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

I'm seriously thinking about leaving Giant myself. The amount I'm paying them for essentially running my payroll is just staggering - bit disappointed to read this as I liked the reviews of Contractor Umbrella and their calculator suggested I could end up with far more each month. Hoping this thread might be able to help a little.

Is anybody here actually happy with their umbrella? I'd love to know.

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by elephantstone View Post
    I'm seriously thinking about leaving Giant myself. The amount I'm paying them for essentially running my payroll is just staggering - bit disappointed to read this as I liked the reviews of Contractor Umbrella and their calculator suggested I could end up with far more each month. Hoping this thread might be able to help a little.
    No-one should be able to net you more, so be very careful that you are comparing like for like figures; sames number of days per period, same tax code.