• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella - Help on pension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella - Help on pension

Hi
    I'm now contracting inside IR35, through an umbrella company. I want to start contributing to a pension (haven't done this before) and after some research I thought a SIPP with II was the best option.
    It now turns out that my umbrella (ICS) say they can make contributions into any SIPP as long as they accept BACS (they won't pay via direct debit), so II is out of the way.

What's people using? Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by PatPat View Post
    Hi
    I'm now contracting inside IR35, through an umbrella company. I want to start contributing to a pension (haven't done this before) and after some research I thought a SIPP with II was the best option.
    It now turns out that my umbrella (ICS) say they can make contributions into any SIPP as long as they accept BACS (they won't pay via direct debit), so II is out of the way.

What's people using? Any advice?

Thanks in advance!
    For good advice on choosing an appropriate SIPP, your question would probably be better answered on this forum:
    Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning — MoneySavingExpert Forum

Comment

Originally posted by PatPat View Post
      Hi
      I'm now contracting inside IR35, through an umbrella company.
      Different topic, but if you're through an umbrella, you're an employee, not inside IR35.

Comment

Working...
      X