• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol won't accept a remittance from my agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parasol won't accept a remittance from my agency

Hi there,

Slightly confused,

I'm submitting timesheets and expenses on my agency's portal. The agency then send me an email conformation that the timesheets and expenses have been approved by the client. I'm then forwarding these emails on to my umbrella company Parasol but they are saying i have to go onto the Parasol portal and enter my timesheets and expenses all over again...

That can't be right surely? what if i entered different values to the ones i entered on the agency portal?

This is the email dialogue that took place...

My Agency to me
    --------------------
    "Hi Andy, 
    Once we process the pay runs we generate a self-billing remittance which gives a breakdown down of everything you have entered on our portal, this gets sent to parasol once we have completed the payroll."

Me to the payroll team at Parasol
    -------------------------------------
    "Hi, Good news - when my agency have completed the payroll they send you a self-billing remittance which gives a breakdown of everything I have entered on their portal, from which you should be able to generate payment to me.
    Kind regards, Andy"

Parasol to me
    ---------------
    "Dear Andrew,
    Thank you for your email.
    I have had a look in to your query and I can see that Parasol require you to submit a time sheet on the Parasol portal before you (sic) salary payments are processed. This is to ensure that the salary payment is correct before processing, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
    If you have any further queries, please do get in touch.
    Kind regards,
    Employee Support Advisor".

Another reason contractors go limited company....
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

This is quite normal. The umbrella need to know what to invoice to the agency.

Yes you could put in different values on the two systems. What you'll find is that the agency won't pay up if the umbrella invoice doesn't match what they're expecting. So , by all means do that but you won't get paid.

Comment

Wow, i'm just a bit gobsmacked, i just assumed Parasol could be sent a link to my agency's portal where they could see all my timesheets and expenses. some of my expenses are quite involved and faffy .. i really didn't want to have to go through them all over again ...

I thought umbrella companies were supposed to make things easier instead of more laborious and time consuming ?

Comment

Originally posted by RuddyNorah View Post
          Wow, i'm just a bit gobsmacked, i just assumed Parasol could be sent a link to my agency's portal where they could see all my timesheets and expenses. some of my expenses are quite involved and faffy .. i really didn't want to have to go through them all over again ...

I thought umbrella companies were supposed to make things easier instead of more laborious and time consuming ?
          Some do some don’t

Comment

Originally posted by RuddyNorah View Post

Have you had the same problem with a Time only invoice. I'm with a different umbrella and they accept the self bill invoice from my agency, however I need to enter my expenses and receipts onto their system. If I don't my expenses get taxed as income. Don't forgot your umbrella is now your employer and they have to satisfy themselves that the expenses are permitted.

Even when operating as a limited company I had to enter my expenses twice - once into agency system and once into accountants portal/my company expense claim form.

Comment

Yes it's the same issue with timesheets, although they'll be easier to re-submit than the expenses.

Thanks all for your info, i'll use a different umbrella next time and make sure they accept invoices from the agency, or i'll just go ltd company.

Comment

Working...
              X