Orange Genie hasn't paid me, blaming my agency. Agency blaming Orange Genie. Help! Orange Genie hasn't paid me, blaming my agency. Agency blaming Orange Genie. Help! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blueblue45 View Post
    Orange Genie has '30 day payment terms'.
    OK, and when did the agency pay OG?
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

  2. #12

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Do you have a named person to deal with - as I would be speaking to them rapidly to check what the issue is and that you know the money was received last week.

    You have just discovered the reason I hate umbrella companies, when things go wrong they have a habit of really, really going wrong...
    I have - I've called OG's contractor support team repeatedly and they keep saying they haven't received anything still and that they're 'chasing it up'. When I asked if it would even be sorted this week they gave a very 'meh' response like they didn't even care.

    Also, I know! I wish I could still invoice via my limited company, those were the days. Damn IR35.

  3. #13

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blueblue45 View Post
    ... every working day since Thurs ...
    OK, you mean Thursday, Friday and Today.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

  4. #14

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    25,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChris View Post
    Thanks Eek - I understand your point however I would still suggest the OP checks their contract of employment including assignment confirmation note that they signed.
    What has that got to do with the actual issue here which seems to be:-

    Agency has paid or claims to have paid Orange Genie but Orange Genie are saying that they haven't been paid.

    I find the fact that Orange Genie aren't able to say whether the money has been received or not rather worrying - it's just about the first thing I would have automated..

    And I really don't think any umbella would have T&Cs that make them responsible for £1350 (4 * 37.5 * £9) in return for a £90 a month payment
    Last edited by eek; 3rd August 2020 at 13:29.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    And I really don't think any umbella would have T&Cs that make them responsible for £1350 (4 * 37.5 * £9) in return for a £90 a month payment
    Hopefully the OP will confirm whether this is the case!

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blueblue45 View Post
    Thanks for this. Yes I do, I have all my approved timesheets for the weeks following the 26th June. If I accept the NMW payment, I get the rest of it after this is sorted out right? Sorry if this is a silly question!
    Yes you should get the full amount once received however you will need to check the terms and conditions in the contract.

  7. #17

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    25,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blueblue45 View Post
    Orange Genie has '30 day payment terms'.
    and in fact

    That's another question to add to the list of questions to ask an umbrella company.

    What are your contractual payment terms? - if it's not on same day or following day of receipt of payment move on to the next firm.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  8. #18

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    20,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    and in fact

    That's another question to add to the list of questions to ask an umbrella company.

    What are your contractual payment terms? - if it's not on same day or following day of receipt of payment move on to the next firm.
    Yep, that's terrible. Allowing for an Agency's payment terms, it could be 60 days from timesheet sign-off before you get your money.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

  9. #19

    Should post faster

    DolanContractorGroup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Tring
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Yep, that's terrible. Allowing for an Agency's payment terms, it could be 60 days from timesheet sign-off before you get your money.
    I think people have misunderstood this point.

    The OP probably means that the payment terms OG has with the agency are 30 days. I doubt any umbrella company has a policy of making payment to workers within 30 days once cleared funds have been received.

    Everyone I've spoken to say that payments to workers go on the same day funds have been received by the agency, or the next day if the cut off time has passed. There is absolutely no need to hold onto funds longer than that.


    Kind regards

    Zeeshan

  10. #20

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    20,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DolanContractorGroup View Post
    I think people have misunderstood this point.

    The OP probably means that the payment terms OG has with the agency are 30 days. I doubt any umbrella company has a policy of making payment to workers within 30 days once cleared funds have been received.

    Everyone I've spoken to say that payments to workers go on the same day funds have been received by the agency, or the next day if the cut off time has passed. There is absolutely no need to hold onto funds longer than that.


    Kind regards

    Zeeshan
    True, but you never really know until you see the contracts.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •