• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Orange Genie hasn't paid me, blaming my agency. Agency blaming Orange Genie. Help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueblue45 View Post
    Orange Genie has '30 day payment terms'.
    OK, and when did the agency pay OG?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Do you have a named person to deal with - as I would be speaking to them rapidly to check what the issue is and that you know the money was received last week.

You have just discovered the reason I hate umbrella companies, when things go wrong they have a habit of really, really going wrong...
      I have - I've called OG's contractor support team repeatedly and they keep saying they haven't received anything still and that they're 'chasing it up'. When I asked if it would even be sorted this week they gave a very 'meh' response like they didn't even care.

Also, I know! I wish I could still invoice via my limited company, those were the days. Damn IR35.

Comment

... every working day since Thurs ...
        OK, you mean Thursday, Friday and Today.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ChampionChris View Post
          Thanks Eek - I understand your point however I would still suggest the OP checks their contract of employment including assignment confirmation note that they signed.
          What has that got to do with the actual issue here which seems to be:-

Agency has paid or claims to have paid Orange Genie but Orange Genie are saying that they haven't been paid.

I find the fact that Orange Genie aren't able to say whether the money has been received or not rather worrying - it's just about the first thing I would have automated..

And I really don't think any umbella would have T&Cs that make them responsible for £1350 (4 * 37.5 * £9) in return for a £90 a month payment
          Last edited by eek; 3 August 2020, 13:29.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

And I really don't think any umbella would have T&Cs that make them responsible for £1350 (4 * 37.5 * £9) in return for a £90 a month payment
            Hopefully the OP will confirm whether this is the case!

Comment

Thanks for this. Yes I do, I have all my approved timesheets for the weeks following the 26th June. If I accept the NMW payment, I get the rest of it after this is sorted out right? Sorry if this is a silly question!
              Yes you should get the full amount once received however you will need to check the terms and conditions in the contract.

Comment

Orange Genie has '30 day payment terms'.
                and in fact

That's another question to add to the list of questions to ask an umbrella company.

What are your contractual payment terms? - if it's not on same day or following day of receipt of payment move on to the next firm.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

and in fact

That's another question to add to the list of questions to ask an umbrella company.

What are your contractual payment terms? - if it's not on same day or following day of receipt of payment move on to the next firm.
                  Yep, that's terrible. Allowing for an Agency's payment terms, it could be 60 days from timesheet sign-off before you get your money.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Yep, that's terrible. Allowing for an Agency's payment terms, it could be 60 days from timesheet sign-off before you get your money.
                    I think people have misunderstood this point.

The OP probably means that the payment terms OG has with the agency are 30 days. I doubt any umbrella company has a policy of making payment to workers within 30 days once cleared funds have been received.

Everyone I've spoken to say that payments to workers go on the same day funds have been received by the agency, or the next day if the cut off time has passed. There is absolutely no need to hold onto funds longer than that.

Kind regards

Zeeshan
                    Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Originally posted by DolanContractorGroup View Post
                      I think people have misunderstood this point.

The OP probably means that the payment terms OG has with the agency are 30 days. I doubt any umbrella company has a policy of making payment to workers within 30 days once cleared funds have been received.

Everyone I've spoken to say that payments to workers go on the same day funds have been received by the agency, or the next day if the cut off time has passed. There is absolutely no need to hold onto funds longer than that.

Kind regards

Zeeshan
                      True, but you never really know until you see the contracts.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X