• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Orange Genie hasn't paid me, blaming my agency. Agency blaming Orange Genie. Help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, this got sorted in the end but I'm obviously majorly annoyed at OG because of how rude their customer service was, and plan to leave them if my contract gets extended (it's up for renewal in a couple of weeks). Thanks so much for your help everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by blueblue45 View Post
      Hi everyone, this got sorted in the end but I'm obviously majorly annoyed at OG because of how rude their customer service was, and plan to leave them if my contract gets extended (it's up for renewal in a couple of weeks). Thanks so much for your help everyone!
      Glad you got it sorted!

Comment

Originally posted by blueblue45 View Post
        Thanks for this. Yes I do, I have all my approved timesheets for the weeks following the 26th June. If I accept the NMW payment, I get the rest of it after this is sorted out right? Sorry if this is a silly question!
        Sorry a bit late to the party, but yes they have an obligation to make payment at NMW, and then as and when the funds are received, the rest of the payment should follow.

Comment

I've been with Orange Genie for 3 weeks. First week fine although they pay by BACS instead of Faster Payments (which they didn't tell me about). Second week no pay and had to chase. They paid the same day. This week pay but no payslip.

They don't respond to calls or email even though they said I would have a "dedicated relationship manger".

I salary sacrifice down to the NMW with the reset going into a pension monthly therefore they are sitting on thousands of my wages. Really concerned they have cashflow problems. Suspicious that I have the NMW in my account this week with no record of reductions.

Comment

Orange Genie payment issues.

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
            Sorry a bit late to the party, but yes they have an obligation to make payment at NMW, and then as and when the funds are received, the rest of the payment should follow.
            Been with Orange Genie for 3 weeks.

Week 1 fine.

Week 2 not paid and had to chase. Not replied to emails or phone calls. Eventually paid me. Also they pay by BACS not FP which they didn't tell me about. Promised "Dedicated Relationship Manager" non-existent.

Week 3 Paid but not payslip NMW only. Agency had ALWAYS transferred full funds on time.

I salary sacrifice into pension down to NMW which means they're sitting on thousands of my wages.

Really worried they have cash flow problems.

Comment

Originally posted by John Duff View Post
              I salary sacrifice into pension down to NMW which means they're sitting on thousands of my wages.
              Just keep an eye on your pension pot!

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
                Just keep an eye on your pension pot!
                Thanks Lucy. Have you heard any rumours about Orange Genie in financial difficulty?

Comment

Originally posted by John Duff View Post
                  Thanks Lucy. Have you heard any rumours about Orange Genie in financial difficulty?
                  Nope not heard anything about them in quite some time, but I know there is usually a delay between taking pension payments and them being transferred to the provider, os if you know what day they usually clear, I would just check to make sure they have gone across.

Comment

Working...
                  X