Selecting Umbrella for my PAYE contract Selecting Umbrella for my PAYE contract - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 16 of 16

My post count is Majestic

You will be under the umbrellas PI and other insurance. You don't need them yourself.

The rate for the brolly should be different.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    You will be under the umbrellas PI and other insurance. You don't need them yourself.

The rate for the brolly should be different.
    Agency came back this morning that client allows only the below Umbrellas :-
    • Danbro
    • Focused Umbrella
    • Paystream

However they need more than a week to process as they assumed I will go PAYE till now. This would mean I will go unpaid for few days. But good news is they will pay me the 11 accrued holidays which I have not used.

Now obvious question is how good these Umbrellas are and whether Pension by Salary Sacrifice are supported by them. I also read that some do not allow contribution into my SIPP and may obstruct transfer to my SIPP when I want to leave them.
    Last edited by soln; 4th August 2020 at 10:56.

More time posting than coding

If I have to go back to brolly then I’m going with Paystream.

Very nice and helpful staff.

You can contribute into your SIPP. Its salary sacrificed.

I know others with them, no problems.
    Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 4th August 2020 at 10:48.

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by soln View Post
    Agency came back this morning that client allows only the below Umbrellas :-
    • Danbro
    • Focused Umbrella
    • Paystream

However they need more than a week to process as they assumed I will go PAYE till now. This would I will be unpaid for few days. But good news is they will pay me the 11 accrued holidays which I have not used.

Now obvious question is how good these Umbrellas are and whether Pension by Salary Sacrifice are supported by them. I also read that some do not allow contribution into my SIPP and may obstruct transfer to my SIPP when I want to leave them.
    Ughh.. That's like asking you which foot you'd like shooting in first.

We have this question asked a lot so best thing to do is do a search on the forums for the company name and see what's been said. To do this type <company name> site:contractoruk.com/forums in to google.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Nervous Newbie

@BABABlackSheep, thanks for your feedback on Paystream.

@northernladuk, I would like to thank you as well for patiently replying to my queries. It is much appreciated. I learnt more here than from the Agency who asked me to reach out to each Umbrella companies as they (and also client) have no information on their offering but have selected them

They have also give me a deadline to respond back by lunchtime so will take the plunge with Paystream for next 4 months.

Fingers like lightning

Absolutely, it needs to come back to you - otherwise it's an unlawful deduction of earnings!