• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selecting Umbrella for my PAYE contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will be under the umbrellas PI and other insurance. You don't need them yourself.

The rate for the brolly should be different.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You will be under the umbrellas PI and other insurance. You don't need them yourself.

The rate for the brolly should be different.
      Agency came back this morning that client allows only the below Umbrellas :-
      • Danbro
      • Focused Umbrella
      • Paystream

However they need more than a week to process as they assumed I will go PAYE till now. This would mean I will go unpaid for few days. But good news is they will pay me the 11 accrued holidays which I have not used.

Now obvious question is how good these Umbrellas are and whether Pension by Salary Sacrifice are supported by them. I also read that some do not allow contribution into my SIPP and may obstruct transfer to my SIPP when I want to leave them.
      Last edited by soln; 4 August 2020, 10:56.

Comment

If I have to go back to brolly then I’m going with Paystream.

Very nice and helpful staff.

You can contribute into your SIPP. Its salary sacrificed.

I know others with them, no problems.
        Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 4 August 2020, 10:48.

Comment

Originally posted by soln View Post
          Agency came back this morning that client allows only the below Umbrellas :-
          • Danbro
          • Focused Umbrella
          • Paystream

However they need more than a week to process as they assumed I will go PAYE till now. This would I will be unpaid for few days. But good news is they will pay me the 11 accrued holidays which I have not used.

Now obvious question is how good these Umbrellas are and whether Pension by Salary Sacrifice are supported by them. I also read that some do not allow contribution into my SIPP and may obstruct transfer to my SIPP when I want to leave them.
          Ughh.. That's like asking you which foot you'd like shooting in first.

We have this question asked a lot so best thing to do is do a search on the forums for the company name and see what's been said. To do this type <company name> site:contractoruk.com/forums in to google.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

@BABABlackSheep, thanks for your feedback on Paystream.

@northernladuk, I would like to thank you as well for patiently replying to my queries. It is much appreciated. I learnt more here than from the Agency who asked me to reach out to each Umbrella companies as they (and also client) have no information on their offering but have selected them

They have also give me a deadline to respond back by lunchtime so will take the plunge with Paystream for next 4 months.

Comment

Absolutely, it needs to come back to you - otherwise it's an unlawful deduction of earnings!

Comment

Working...
              X