• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella for ad hoc work..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    How would any umbrella know in advance how much work there is going to be ? I would describe my intended work pattern as 'a few days here and there' but I've never known a contract that actually turns out that way.
    You have a contract with the Umbrella and the Umbrella has a contract with the agency or client. That latter contract will typically stipulate day rate and expected contract term.

I'd be surprised if an Umbrella would employ someone who's client/agency side contract was not well defined with regards to the realistically expected volume of work over the period of that contract.

Comment

Hopefully its true, I'm with JSA for accounting after they took over accountsnet, so it could ease the transition into umbrella.

Comment

Originally posted by Royston1664 View Post
        Hopefully its true, I'm with JSA for accounting after they took over accountsnet, so it could ease the transition into umbrella.
        They've been good tbh. as were the previous lot, I expected glitches but issue free so far. I have a double smile each week, one for not having to read posts on IR35 after 20 years of it, and secondly at my tax and NI deductions each week as I'm paying the bulk into a SIPP. I'll go on a go slow if I run out of SIPP allowance.

Comment

Bump...

I used JSA for around 3 months at the start of this year following the creation of this thread. All was fine although they did make a couple of admin errors towards the end; nothing major but it meant a pension payment was floating around between them and my SIPP provider for a couple of months.

I've now got another ad hoc requirement and the same consultancy as before have sent JSA a contract; I've contacted them via their portal (I'm still registered as an employee etc) and now also an email and heard zero back.

I might need a plan B/alternative umbrella that will support putting large amounts (JSA did 83%) into a SIPP.

Anyone aware of any issues at JSA? I do see posts from Feb suggesting they had IT issues...

Comment

Working...
          X