Umbrella Growth Share - This site just saved me from making a big mistake. Umbrella Growth Share - This site just saved me from making a big mistake.
Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Default Umbrella Growth Share - This site just saved me from making a big mistake.

I just wanted to says thanks for saving me from making a big mistake by nearly signing up for a Growth Share scheme.

I stumbled across this thread https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...e-schemes.html and I am so glad I did!

I am just getting into contracting and I spoke to a umbrella comparison broker. They made these non-standard PAYE schemes sound so legit. I asked them for written evidence that "The tax treatment is formally accepted and acknowledge by HMRC" and it's been over 48 hours since my last email from them :-)

#standardpayeallthewayforme

Thanks again.
    Pin

Some things in Moderation

Hi Pin,

Pleased you found it useful.

Because of your post, I've added the link to the Legit Umbrellas thread.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

bored now

+1 glad you discovered the issue before it was too late.

Oh and a big warning - Legitimate umbrella comparison brokers don't exist, legal umbrellas offerings are virtually identical and umbrella companies don't have the profit margins to pay outside companies. Which is why the tax avoidance scheme scum love to pretend to be them.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Pin Pin Poola View Post
    I just wanted to says thanks for saving me from making a big mistake by nearly signing up for a Growth Share scheme.

I stumbled across this thread https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...e-schemes.html and I am so glad I did!

I am just getting into contracting and I spoke to a umbrella comparison broker. They made these non-standard PAYE schemes sound so legit. I asked them for written evidence that "The tax treatment is formally accepted and acknowledge by HMRC" and it's been over 48 hours since my last email from them :-)

#standardpayeallthewayforme

Thanks again.
    Pin
    Good to hear you didn't get caught up this, would be interested to hear there response.

You have to be careful when choosing an umbrella company.

Unfortunately when it comes to umbrella take home pay as the old saying goes "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Legitimate umbrella comparison brokers don't exist, legal umbrellas offerings are virtually identical and umbrella companies don't have the profit margins to pay outside companies. Which is why the tax avoidance scheme scum love to pretend to be them.
    Broker sites = 100% pointless
    Maybe at some point someone will get done under POTAS