• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Claim Back Monies From Your Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking something completely different I found https://assets.publishing.service.go...nd_Reasons.pdf

for which this bit is very relevant

34. The respondent has not helped the situation by the convoluted andconfusing documentation and the Byzantine method of calculating pay anddeductions and by the layout of the payslip. However, I do accept Ms Chan’sanalysis of how the wages were ultimately calculated and I find that therehave been no unlawful deductions. That said: I can sympathise with theclaimant’s confusion on this matter.
    and as this is the closest I've seen in all my reading regarding tribunals and umbrella company deductions it's worth mentioning it here.

I suspect if you pay umbrella reclaim a penny you won't see any of it back.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Makes for an interesting read, and just means that absolute clarity on deductions and rates are needed from the brolly

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
        Makes for an interesting read, and just means that absolute clarity on deductions and rates are needed from the brolly
        Actually what it needs is absolute clarity on the day rate to the contractor. All the confusions arise from the advertised rate not being given net of what the client is liable for. And that comes back to the agencies, inflating rates to make the role look more attractive than it really is*.

It was ever thus, sadly...

* Although the canny will note that they never include their own monies in that deception, of course...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Actually what it needs is absolute clarity on the day rate to the contractor. All the confusions arise from the advertised rate not being given net of what the client is liable for. And that comes back to the agencies, inflating rates to make the role look more attractive than it really is*.

It was ever thus, sadly...

* Although the canny will note that they never include their own monies in that deception, of course...
          Wait and see, wait and see.

I must chase up the IPO and find out the status of the trademark applications.

Comment

Hmmm I wonder if there is a way to solve this

Comment

Hmmm I wonder if there is a way to solve this
              Trademark is still in examination stage - but should be done this week.

Comment

Working...
              X