• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hanbanthankyoumam View Post
    haha.
    ??
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      You would hope that FCSA (who claim their agencies are gold standard) was enough for agencies and that their once a year check would catch such issues.

It's almost like you are suggesting that the only way an agency (or contractor) can be sure that an umbrella isn't dodgy would be by a separate third party independently verifying every calculation and payment.
      The criteria for FCSA approval appear to be more about protecting existing members than regulating the industry. In other words, worse than useless.

But I wasn't being entirely serious. After all, I was responding to Lucy, who has a reasonable grasp of how umbrellas ought to work...

Perhaps a few smileys would assist
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        But I wasn't being entirely serious. After all, I was responding to Lucy, who has a reasonable grasp of how umbrellas ought to work...

Comment

*reasonable*

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
            *reasonable*

Good job I don't get offended

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
              Good job I don't get offended
              No.. You just get even... Sleep with one eye open sonny...
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X