• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giant Pay and Employer pension contributions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant Pay and Employer pension contributions

Is anybody else in the same boat as me regarding giant and their payroll not deducting employer pension contributions correctly?

I've been with giant about six months and have recently set up to make employer pension contributions. My first payroll after this had been set up had deducted employers costs before the pension contribution (so I was still paying employers NI on the full amount rather than the pension adjusted figure.) I was told this was a technical issue and the IT team were aware.

I've just contacted Giant to confirm that the error had been fixed prior to payroll being run at the end of the week, and they've told me that it is still an issue and that I will be paying employees NI on the full amount again.

This doesn't seem right that they haven't fixed a glaring error in their payroll systems in the space of a month. Is anyone else with giant and being affected in the same way?

Thanks

Originally posted by friedegg View Post
    Is anybody else in the same boat as me regarding giant and their payroll not deducting employer pension contributions correctly?

I've been with giant about six months and have recently set up to make employer pension contributions. My first payroll after this had been set up had deducted employers costs before the pension contribution (so I was still paying employers NI on the full amount rather than the pension adjusted figure.) I was told this was a technical issue and the IT team were aware.

I've just contacted Giant to confirm that the error had been fixed prior to payroll being run at the end of the week, and they've told me that it is still an issue and that I will be paying employees NI on the full amount again.

This doesn't seem right that they haven't fixed a glaring error in their payroll systems in the space of a month. Is anyone else with giant and being affected in the same way?

Thanks
    It's a glaring error in their payroll system that has clearly existed for ever so has probably being doing so for years but I suspect not many people notice (as Giant is very much a large supplier in the umbrella industry but I suspect most of their customers aren't in a position to worry about spare cash and pensions).

Clearly Giant are not in a position to offer Salary Sacrifice pension options - so I would suggest quickly looking for another umbrella who can.
    Last edited by eek; 19 October 2020, 11:48.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
    X