• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JSA umbrella and Aegon pension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JSA umbrella and Aegon pension

Is anyone here using JSA Umbrella and is paying via salary sacrifice into an Aegon pension? I want to check if what JSA and Aegon are telling me is correct. This is an issue only related to JSA and Aegon.

Originally posted by measterbrook View Post
    Is anyone here using JSA Umbrella and is paying via salary sacrifice into an Aegon pension? I want to check if what JSA and Aegon are telling me is correct. This is an issue only related to JSA and Aegon.
    If both JSA and Aegon are giving you the same story - surely it's accurate...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

That's quite a specific setup. Can't it be opened it to JSA customers with other pension providers for more takers?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        If both JSA and Aegon are giving you the same story - surely it's accurate...
        Unfortunately they are not giving me the same story.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          That's quite a specific setup. Can't it be opened it to JSA customers with other pension providers for more takers?
          JSA are paying into my Fidelity SIPP without a problem. I know other contractors with JSA using other pension providers. I need to know if anyone is using JSA+Aegon. I suspect not otherwise I would not be having a problem, but I thought it would be worth asking.

Comment

JSA are paying into my Fidelity SIPP without a problem. I know other contractors with JSA using other pension providers. I need to know if anyone is using JSA+Aegon. I suspect not otherwise I would not be having a problem, but I thought it would be worth asking.
            Hang on JSA are paying into 2 different pensions?

Comment

Hang on JSA are paying into 2 different pensions?
              Not at the same time. I switched pension providers during my "employment"* with JSA.

However, there is nothing legally that prevents contributing to 2 pension schemes, but umbrella companies seem to have a problem with just one, so I wouldn't try getting them to do 2 at the same time. Actually a very long time ago when I worked as an employee I did contribute to 2 penson schemes at the same time - a fixed defined benefit scheme and a variable defined contribution (AVC) scheme.

*Legally it may be employment - but to me it is outsourcing of payroll to get round a mid-contract client ban on Ltd Co contractors. I don't feel like an employee, I don't get any of the benefits of employment, so to me it is not employment.

Comment

Not at the same time. I switched pension providers during my "employment"* with JSA.

However, there is nothing legally that prevents contributing to 2 pension schemes, but umbrella companies seem to have a problem with just one, so I wouldn't try getting them to do 2 at the same time. Actually a very long time ago when I worked as an employee I did contribute to 2 penson schemes at the same time - a fixed defined benefit scheme and a variable defined contribution (AVC) scheme.

*Legally it may be employment - but to me it is outsourcing of payroll to get round a mid-contract client ban on Ltd Co contractors. I don't feel like an employee, I don't get any of the benefits of employment, so to me it is not employment.
                Nice IR35 case there were HMRC to come calling..

Comment

Nice IR35 case there were HMRC to come calling..
                  Surely they are now paying NI if using an umbrella

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                    Surely they are now paying NI if using an umbrella
                    For the contract work prior to switching to the umbrella (as although measterbrook can claim that the contract is outside the actions of his client show that the client felt it was an inside IR35 contract).

Comment

Working...
                    X