JSA umbrella and Aegon pension JSA umbrella and Aegon pension
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 18

Nervous Newbie

Default JSA umbrella and Aegon pension

Is anyone here using JSA Umbrella and is paying via salary sacrifice into an Aegon pension? I want to check if what JSA and Aegon are telling me is correct. This is an issue only related to JSA and Aegon.

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by measterbrook View Post
    Is anyone here using JSA Umbrella and is paying via salary sacrifice into an Aegon pension? I want to check if what JSA and Aegon are telling me is correct. This is an issue only related to JSA and Aegon.
    If both JSA and Aegon are giving you the same story - surely it's accurate...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

My post count is Majestic

That's quite a specific setup. Can't it be opened it to JSA customers with other pension providers for more takers?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    If both JSA and Aegon are giving you the same story - surely it's accurate...
    Unfortunately they are not giving me the same story.

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    That's quite a specific setup. Can't it be opened it to JSA customers with other pension providers for more takers?
    JSA are paying into my Fidelity SIPP without a problem. I know other contractors with JSA using other pension providers. I need to know if anyone is using JSA+Aegon. I suspect not otherwise I would not be having a problem, but I thought it would be worth asking.

bored now

JSA are paying into my Fidelity SIPP without a problem. I know other contractors with JSA using other pension providers. I need to know if anyone is using JSA+Aegon. I suspect not otherwise I would not be having a problem, but I thought it would be worth asking.
    Hang on JSA are paying into 2 different pensions?

Nervous Newbie

Hang on JSA are paying into 2 different pensions?
    Not at the same time. I switched pension providers during my "employment"* with JSA.

However, there is nothing legally that prevents contributing to 2 pension schemes, but umbrella companies seem to have a problem with just one, so I wouldn't try getting them to do 2 at the same time. Actually a very long time ago when I worked as an employee I did contribute to 2 penson schemes at the same time - a fixed defined benefit scheme and a variable defined contribution (AVC) scheme.

*Legally it may be employment - but to me it is outsourcing of payroll to get round a mid-contract client ban on Ltd Co contractors. I don't feel like an employee, I don't get any of the benefits of employment, so to me it is not employment.

bored now

Not at the same time. I switched pension providers during my "employment"* with JSA.

However, there is nothing legally that prevents contributing to 2 pension schemes, but umbrella companies seem to have a problem with just one, so I wouldn't try getting them to do 2 at the same time. Actually a very long time ago when I worked as an employee I did contribute to 2 penson schemes at the same time - a fixed defined benefit scheme and a variable defined contribution (AVC) scheme.

*Legally it may be employment - but to me it is outsourcing of payroll to get round a mid-contract client ban on Ltd Co contractors. I don't feel like an employee, I don't get any of the benefits of employment, so to me it is not employment.
    Nice IR35 case there were HMRC to come calling..

Super poster

Nice IR35 case there were HMRC to come calling..
    Surely they are now paying NI if using an umbrella

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by rootsnall View Post
    Surely they are now paying NI if using an umbrella
    For the contract work prior to switching to the umbrella (as although measterbrook can claim that the contract is outside the actions of his client show that the client felt it was an inside IR35 contract).