• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone Claiming Working From Home Tax Relief Via Their Umbrella?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Claiming Working From Home Tax Relief Via Their Umbrella?

"Required to work from home even for ONE DAY since 6 April? You can claim tax relief for the WHOLE YEAR – worth £60 or £125."

Noticed this on MoneySavingExpert
    Martin Lewis: Working from home due to coronavirus, even for a day? Claim a year's worth of tax relief

Anyone managed to claim this through their brolly?

Originally posted by foxyy View Post
    "Required to work from home even for ONE DAY since 6 April? You can claim tax relief for the WHOLE YEAR – worth £60 or £125."

Noticed this on MoneySavingExpert
    Martin Lewis: Working from home due to coronavirus, even for a day? Claim a year's worth of tax relief

Anyone managed to claim this through their brolly?

Question for you: When you read your contract with your umbrella company, what location does it specify for your work?
    (I'm not saying you can't claim back monies based on WFH, just that it might not be through the direction a normal employee would.)
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

£60?
      hardly worth the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Question for you: When you read your contract with your umbrella company, what location does it specify for your work?
        (I'm not saying you can't claim back monies based on WFH, just that it might not be through the direction a normal employee would.)
        I don't think it mentions a location in terms of normal working in my employment contract with the brolly. Although the contract between the brolly and the client does mention the client site location, which I've never been able to work on due to Covid.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          £60?
          hardly worth the effort.
          £125 for higher earners

Comment

£125 for higher earners

wow!

Comment

I don't think it mentions a location in terms of normal working in my employment contract with the brolly.

Case closed.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

wow!
                its £125 in your pocket.. (£6x52)x 40% - Look, agreed its not an earth shattering amount, but it's a fancy dinner out (more if your partner can also claim), which is always welcome (and that's £125 going to a business that needs it, and not going to Rishi Sunak).

Comment

Working...
                X