Parasol Group: Do not use this umbrellas / ltd limited liability company Parasol Group: Do not use this umbrellas / ltd limited liability company
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1

    Default Parasol Group: Do not use this umbrellas / ltd limited liability company

    Terrible company to work with. They screwed me out of lots of money over the years. As a contractor I've used them for both LTD Liability as well as Umbrella and I should have ditched them years ago. Please don't use them. There's much better and more ethical companies to trust with your contracts. Before you even think about emailing or ringing them and a bit of time scrolling through the Google reviews.

  2. #2

    Contractor Among Contractors

    wattaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billbutcher229 View Post
    Terrible company to work with. They screwed me out of lots of money over the years. As a contractor I've used them for both LTD Liability as well as Umbrella and I should have ditched them years ago. Please don't use them. There's much better and more ethical companies to trust with your contracts. Before you even think about emailing or ringing them and a bit of time scrolling through the Google reviews.
    You don't say why.
    ---

    Former member of IPSE.


    ---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

    ---

  3. #3

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billbutcher229 View Post
    Terrible company to work with. They screwed me out of lots of money over the years. As a contractor I've used them for both LTD Liability as well as Umbrella and I should have ditched them years ago. Please don't use them. There's much better and more ethical companies to trust with your contracts. Before you even think about emailing or ringing them and a bit of time scrolling through the Google reviews.
    Why?

  4. #4

    Contractor Among Contractors

    wattaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    Mods? I might suggest that this thread is just here to tulip-kick toward Parasol. I make no judgement regarding their service having never used them, but might it be an idea to delete in the absence of any substantiating evidence?
    ---

    Former member of IPSE.


    ---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

    ---

  5. #5

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wattaj View Post
    Mods? I might suggest that this thread is just here to tulip-kick toward Parasol. I make no judgement regarding their service having never used them, but might it be an idea to delete in the absence of any substantiating evidence?
    To be fair he isn't the first to moan about them.. I seem to remember in the past people did a better job of it by quantifying why though.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  6. #6

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1

    Question Parasol

    I'd like to know why also as i am currently contracting with them and havent (yet) had any issues

  7. #7

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    20,951

    Default

    The OP hasn't come back to this thread so I'll give you a bit of time to read my reply then I'll delete the thread.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

  8. #8

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billbutcher229 View Post
    Terrible company to work with. They screwed me out of lots of money over the years. As a contractor I've used them for both LTD Liability as well as Umbrella and I should have ditched them years ago. Please don't use them. There's much better and more ethical companies to trust with your contracts. Before you even think about emailing or ringing them and a bit of time scrolling through the Google reviews.

    I paid parasol and found out that they hadn’t submitted my tax return because that wasn’t there problem to do that. I asked them what they thought people paid for and still wouldn’t do what they were paid to do. I found this out two weeks before the deadline to submit tax returns to HMRC.
    They were absolutely rubbish. The staff were more interested in making comments about you no longer being in a team which just showed them to be some of the strangest people. I switched companies because they were so complacent over the tax situation. Never again will I use parasol.

  9. #9

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    26,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beiberbuffet View Post
    I paid parasol and found out that they hadn’t submitted my tax return because that wasn’t there problem to do that. I asked them what they thought people paid for and still wouldn’t do what they were paid to do. I found this out two weeks before the deadline to submit tax returns to HMRC.
    They were absolutely rubbish. The staff were more interested in making comments about you no longer being in a team which just showed them to be some of the strangest people. I switched companies because they were so complacent over the tax situation. Never again will I use parasol.
    Parasol are merely your employer unless it's explicitly stated that they will do you tax return they won't (and really, really shouldn't) be going anywhere near your own personal tax return. In fact there should be zero need as RTI submissions should have sent the information to HMRC and you just need to confirm those figures and your P60 match.

    Heck I would actually say that any umbrella willing to complete your personal tax return isn't an umbrella but a tax avoidance scheme.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  10. #10

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Parasol are merely your employer unless it's explicitly stated that they will do you tax return they won't (and really, really shouldn't) be going anywhere near your own personal tax return. In fact there should be zero need as RTI submissions should have sent the information to HMRC and you just need to confirm those figures and your P60 match.

    Heck I would actually say that any umbrella willing to complete your personal tax return isn't an umbrella but a tax avoidance scheme.
    The tax return was included in the weekly payments to parasol. The tax return was part of the service they offered to paying customers to handle the tax side of things at the end of the year as well as doing payroll. So you haven’t quite got the tax situation correct.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •