• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol Group: Do not use this umbrellas / ltd limited liability company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parasol Group: Do not use this umbrellas / ltd limited liability company

Terrible company to work with. They screwed me out of lots of money over the years. As a contractor I've used them for both LTD Liability as well as Umbrella and I should have ditched them years ago. Please don't use them. There's much better and more ethical companies to trust with your contracts. Before you even think about emailing or ringing them and a bit of time scrolling through the Google reviews.

Originally posted by billbutcher229 View Post
    Terrible company to work with. They screwed me out of lots of money over the years. As a contractor I've used them for both LTD Liability as well as Umbrella and I should have ditched them years ago. Please don't use them. There's much better and more ethical companies to trust with your contracts. Before you even think about emailing or ringing them and a bit of time scrolling through the Google reviews.
    You don't say why.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Why?

Comment

Mods? I might suggest that this thread is just here to tulip-kick toward Parasol. I make no judgement regarding their service having never used them, but might it be an idea to delete in the absence of any substantiating evidence?
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
          Mods? I might suggest that this thread is just here to tulip-kick toward Parasol. I make no judgement regarding their service having never used them, but might it be an idea to delete in the absence of any substantiating evidence?
          To be fair he isn't the first to moan about them.. I seem to remember in the past people did a better job of it by quantifying why though.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Parasol

I'd like to know why also as i am currently contracting with them and havent (yet) had any issues

Comment

The OP hasn't come back to this thread so I'll give you a bit of time to read my reply then I'll delete the thread.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I paid parasol and found out that they hadn’t submitted my tax return because that wasn’t there problem to do that. I asked them what they thought people paid for and still wouldn’t do what they were paid to do. I found this out two weeks before the deadline to submit tax returns to HMRC.
                They were absolutely rubbish. The staff were more interested in making comments about you no longer being in a team which just showed them to be some of the strangest people. I switched companies because they were so complacent over the tax situation. Never again will I use parasol.

Comment

Originally posted by Beiberbuffet View Post
                  I paid parasol and found out that they hadn’t submitted my tax return because that wasn’t there problem to do that. I asked them what they thought people paid for and still wouldn’t do what they were paid to do. I found this out two weeks before the deadline to submit tax returns to HMRC.
                  They were absolutely rubbish. The staff were more interested in making comments about you no longer being in a team which just showed them to be some of the strangest people. I switched companies because they were so complacent over the tax situation. Never again will I use parasol.
                  Parasol are merely your employer unless it's explicitly stated that they will do you tax return they won't (and really, really shouldn't) be going anywhere near your own personal tax return. In fact there should be zero need as RTI submissions should have sent the information to HMRC and you just need to confirm those figures and your P60 match.

Heck I would actually say that any umbrella willing to complete your personal tax return isn't an umbrella but a tax avoidance scheme.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Parasol are merely your employer unless it's explicitly stated that they will do you tax return they won't (and really, really shouldn't) be going anywhere near your own personal tax return. In fact there should be zero need as RTI submissions should have sent the information to HMRC and you just need to confirm those figures and your P60 match.

Heck I would actually say that any umbrella willing to complete your personal tax return isn't an umbrella but a tax avoidance scheme.
                    The tax return was included in the weekly payments to parasol. The tax return was part of the service they offered to paying customers to handle the tax side of things at the end of the year as well as doing payroll. So you haven’t quite got the tax situation correct.

Comment

Working...
                    X