• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Handcuff Clauses and Umbrellas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handcuff Clauses and Umbrellas

Does anyone know if the same rules around handcuff clauses exist when using a brolly?

I'm guessing all contracts have them, but how enforceable are they when my contract is with the brolly, who's contract is with the agent, who's contract is with the PSL, who's contract id with the client!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

What's in the contract with the Brolly?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      I'm guessing all contracts have them, but how enforceable are they when my contract is with the brolly, who's contract is with the agent, who's contract is with the PSL, who's contract id with the client!
      Contractual chain is Contractor to Umbrella (Contract of Employment), then Umbrella to Agency (B2B) and Agency to End Client (B2B).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        That "should" be pretty standard, but there is likely to be a contract addendum that takes the details from the B2B through to you.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          What makes you think I read it

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
            That "should" be pretty standard, but there is likely to be a contract addendum that takes the details from the B2B through to you.
            Don't want to go down the "is that legal" but can you have B2B terms in a contract of employment?

Comment

Handcuff clauses can also be applied to employment contracts. If your contract comes to an end and the agency doesn't renew then it probably isn't enforceable.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
              X