• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella company accepting contract on my behalf?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella company accepting contract on my behalf?

I'm in a situation where a new contract for 2021 has been sent to my umbrella company.

I have not been copied into anything. I don't know any details (rate, project, contract length, deliverables etc..). Apparently the umbrella can accept a contract from the agency on my behalf?

I know I need to try and find and comb through the umbrella terms and I'm waiting for them to call me, but is this common? To sign me up to work without consulting, or showing anything to me at all

I take it this is a renewal not a brand new contract..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

So you've never heard of the company, never had any discussions with them, they just out of the blue sent a contract to your umbrella and you found out when someone started paying you money?

Comment

New PO, new WP, different department. Agency confirmed it's a new contract.

I recently told them I was not interested in a new contract unless we could come to an agreement about a pay rate rise. Since then they have quietly sent contract docs to my Umbrella, probably hoping they will accept on my behalf.

When I talked to the Agency guy I asked what was going on and to reassure me that I was not bound to a new contract. He said well it depends if the umbrella has accepted the contract as it has been sent over for them to sign.

Talked to the umbrella customer care and they seemed to think they could accept contracts on my behalf in this situation but I hope he's wrong. Just waiting for the contracts team to contact me.

Comment

What does your contract with the umbrella say. I presume you have a copy and did read it before signing up.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            So you've never heard of the company, never had any discussions with them, they just out of the blue sent a contract to your umbrella and you found out when someone started paying you money?
            Same Client company I am finishing a contract for at the moment.

Am I right to expect any new contracts at the same co. to be run by me first?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              What does your contract with the umbrella say. I presume you have a copy and did read it before signing up.
              Originally posted by tickledpinkies View Post
              Same Client company I am finishing a contract for at the moment.

Am I right to expect any new contracts at the same co. to be run by me first?
              See above

Comment

Seems odd, the umbrella should normally check the terms etc before signing it.

Comment

Working...
                X