• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella company wrongly assigned their payments to my personal account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella company wrongly assigned their payments to my personal account

Hello there,

I was wondering if someone can advice me regarding wrong assignment of my limited company incomes to my personal account resulted in £23K tax bill at the self assessment stage! Although I didn't take any personal income from it as I invested back in the company, but I cant get the umbrella company to correct it, as they don't answering my calls, letters or emails.

I have bank statements that show the income went to my limited company not my personal account.

I have also contacted HMRC and they are looking into it.

Did anyone can advice how to get Giant to correct it swiftly before the 31st of Jan 2021..

Much appreciated...

Originally posted by fellow View Post
    Hello there,

I was wondering if someone can advice me regarding wrong assignment of my limited company incomes to my personal account resulted in £23K tax bill at the self assessment stage! Although I didn't take any personal income from it as I invested back in the company, but I cant get the umbrella company to correct it, as they don't answering my calls, letters or emails.

I have bank statements that show the income went to my limited company not my personal account.

I have also contacted HMRC and they are looking into it.

Did anyone can advice how to get Giant to correct it swiftly before the 31st of Jan 2021..

Much appreciated...
    See the replies to your previous thread - Umbrella company wrongly assigned their payments to my personal account (contractoruk.com)

If an umbrella company is involved in paying you then you personally have an employment contract with that umbrella company.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Guy had his ass handed to him in the last thread. Seems not to have bothered reading it it appears.

I find it hard to believe Giant are not replying to him. They are a big setup and despite the standard gripes about big brollies I thought they were a reputable company. I've a feeling the OP's questions are just the tip of the situation.

I assume reading the above this has been going on awhile and is a good chunk of money. If that is the case OP you might want to contact an accountant and see if they'll dig through it for a one off fee. I am guessing this will be much cheaper than the potential costs of it going badly wrong if you don't get it in correctly in time.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 11 January 2021, 11:42.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Do you took personal income and gifted it to your company ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Guy had his ass handed to him in the last thread. Seems not to have bothered reading it it appears.

I find it hard to believe Giant are not replying to him. They are a big setup and despite the standard gripes about big brollies I thought they were a reputable company. I've a feeling the OP's questions are just the tip of the situation.

I assume reading the above this has been going on awhile and is a good chunk of money. If that is the case OP you might want to contact an accountant and see if they'll dig through it for a one off fee. I am guessing this will be much cheaper than the potential costs of it going badly wrong if you don't get it in correctly in time.
          I really don't think it's that complex - and I suspect it's reached an impasse that where:-

OP - why didn't you pay my company
          Giant - hang on you were an employee, had signed a contract of employment and we paid you correctly.
          OP - but I wasn't your employee
          Giant - yes you were

Eventually any company is going to get fed up with the conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            I really don't think it's that complex - and I suspect it's reached an impasse that where:-

OP - why didn't you pay my company
            Giant - hang on you were an employee, had signed a contract of employment and we paid you correctly.
            OP - but I wasn't your employee
            Giant - yes you were

Eventually any company is going to get fed up with the conversation.
            Yep. My thinking as well. I'd imagine he's got his answer a number of times in the emails they've sent him.

Does sound like he's given Giant his bank LTD bank details though.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Yep. My thinking as well. I'd imagine he's got his answer a number of times in the emails they've sent him.

Does sound like he's given Giant his bank LTD bank details though.
              And they probably then followed up by asking for his personal account details - which they then used as the payments have been paid into his personal account.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                And they probably then followed up by asking for his personal account details - which they then used as the payments have been paid into his personal account.
                Ah yes, so as per the last thread. Giant have done nothing wrong and there is no issue. Giant have taxed him and paid in to his personal account. End of situation.

OP now needs to correct what mistake he's made investing in his LTD. Won't affect his personal tax though as that has been paid.

Talk about getting yourself in a to proper mess. I'm guessing he won't respond again so we are done.

Comment

Working...
                X