• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella and paye advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella and paye advice

Hello Gents, since of course like everyone now I have to choose between PAYE and Umbrella please advice me about the below Umbrellas (what you think about them) as I have no idea:
    1. GIANT
    2. JSA
    3. ICS
    4. PAYSTREAM
    5. BROOKSON ONE

I understand that PAYE salary is lower from what I see, and umbrella still losing these 40% It is so sad....

Moved to the correct forum.

If you have a read of the threads you'll probably find your answer.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by shabak View Post
      Hello Gents, since of course like everyone now I have to choose between PAYE and Umbrella please advice me about the below Umbrellas (what you think about them) as I have no idea:
      1. GIANT
      2. JSA
      3. ICS
      4. PAYSTREAM
      5. BROOKSON ONE

I understand that PAYE salary is lower from what I see, and umbrella still losing these 40% It is so sad....
      Losing 40% is wishful thinking, you will be looking at 54% return at best with all of above

And remember no expenses

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Worth posting the LITRG-Factsheet-working-through-an-umbrella-company-2020.pdf and LITRG-Factsheet-agency-workers-2020.pdf factsheets

As for those options - all much of a much ness.

Remember as Tarbera says you won't get expenses and the only thing you can do to reduce tax immediately is to pay into a pension via salary sacrifice so see who can do what.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Moved to the correct forum.

If you have a read of the threads you'll probably find your answer.
          What Cojak says. Better still is to search each of the providers and see if you can find feedback given in the past. It's asked so often now people don't bother regurgitating the same information.

In google type giant site:contractoruk.com/forums

Change the keyword to the different providers.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So basically what you guys are choosing? PAYE or UMBRELLA?

Comment

So basically what you guys are choosing? PAYE or UMBRELLA?
              PAYE - lower rate but you should also get holiday pay that makes up some of the difference
              Umbrella - more money and slightly more flexability

Is it common practice agent keeps the employer NIC savings for pension contribution? (contractoruk.com)

will explain why

With an umbrella the money the umbrella gets should be fully under your control (so you can salary sacrifice 40k and all the employer NI side of things will go into your pension).
              With the agency it can keep any employer NI savings for themselves as it's their money and not yours.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thank you very much for answers!

Comment

Thank you very much for answers!
                  You must be at Tesco?

Comment

Working...
                  X