• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone ever used GO Umbrella?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You rest assured knowing that goumbrella are taking care of all the administrative anxieties, responsibilities and hassles associated with running a limited company
    I must admit all these administrative anxieties, responsibilities and hassles associated with running a limited company do get me down sometimes and cause me many a sleepless night

Comment

Originally posted by fzbucks
      I must admit all these administrative anxieties, responsibilities and hassles associated with running a limited company do get me down sometimes and cause me many a sleepless night
      I don't get this. It doesn't run a limited company solution for customers, it's an umbrella.

If you're a client, it doesn't take care of the hassles of running a limited company for you because you haven't got a limited company !!!!
      It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Go umbrella

I just tried clicking on their website www.goumbrella.co.uk/contact.php
        No joy, tried links to it, also no joy,

"now you lot have dun it again", scared them orf you ave
        Last edited by Diver; 16 June 2007, 22:51.
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver
          I just tried clicking on their website www.goumbrella.co.uk/contact.php
          No joy, tried links to it, also no joy,

"now you lot have dun it again", scared them orf you ave

Wrong link, it's :

http://www.goumbrella.co.uk/contact_us/get_in_touch.php

It works OK. They've probably updated the structure and google hasn't caught up yet.
          It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

goumbrella

Wrong link, it's :

http://www.goumbrella.co.uk/contact_us/get_in_touch.php

It works OK. They've probably updated the structure and google hasn't caught up yet.

So glad there are so many of you, need all the help I can get
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Hi Cynical

Originally posted by Gonzo
              Call me cynical if you like, but do you work for Go Umbrella?

Personally, I wouldn't touch an umbrella company with a bargepole.
              No I don't work for GoUmbrella as you suggest as they probably wouldn't pay me enough!

As I stated I use them as an umbrella which suits me fine.

I am currently working a project overseas with a new contractor who has set up a limited company, he has been trading for 3 months and not been paid a bean as yet and is outstanding over £20K now.

I on the other hand am paid weekly through Goumbrella and have been since start of contract, now maybe I'm cynical but what good would £20K of pay and expenses be to me if it was still outstanding?

I am not trying to defend them as you suggest nor am I trying to plug them, the post was has anyone ever used them and I gave the answer yes. Thought that was what forums were for and was trying to be as helpful as I could.

All I will say on limited companies vs Umbrella is do what ever suits the individual. If I choose to go limited in the future then I will, it's a choice each of us is free to make. For now though GoUmbrella suit me fine.

Comment

Originally posted by xmland
                I am currently working a project overseas with a new contractor who has set up a limited company, he has been trading for 3 months and not been paid a bean as yet and is outstanding over £20K now.

I on the other hand am paid weekly through Goumbrella and have been since start of contract, now maybe I'm cynical but what good would £20K of pay and expenses be to me if it was still outstanding?
                I think you'll find that this is the exception rather than the norm!!

If he's invoiced for £20K and hasn't been paid it for some reason, then he should stop working and not return until it's paid. He should also be taking legal action, charging penalties and interest on the outstanding amount, etc.

Unless, of course, he's not actually owed the money, or hasn't invoiced correctly, then it's no different from you not doing the same with GoUmbrella - if you don't get the invoices in, then you don't get paid.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I am using them currently whilst doing this contract i found them on the umbrella comparison site and took it from there. they had offer free for first 3 months i used orangegenie and libertybishop previosuly.

They have so far paid me on time seems ok.

and no i do not work for them

Comment

Originally posted by abu1 View Post
                    I am using them currently whilst doing this contract i found them on the umbrella comparison site and took it from there. they had offer free for first 3 months i used orangegenie and libertybishop previosuly.

They have so far paid me on time seems ok.

and no i do not work for them
                    And yet you still resurrected a 5 year old thread?
                    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                      And yet you still resurrected a 5 year old thread?
                      yep cos i done search for that umbrella company..y are people on this forum so suspicious strange indeed .

Comment

Working...
                      X