• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone ever used GO Umbrella?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I signed up in April deal of £10 a week, an havent used them yet, anyone ever used them ?

Originally posted by young veteran

I signed up in April deal of £10 a week, an havent used them yet, anyone ever used them ?
    So you're spending £10 a week on a service you don't use and don't need.

Hmmm, good plan...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

havent used it yet, and dont pay if u dont use it, but will be using them very soon, only signed up to get the £10 deal

Comment

Originally posted by young veteran

£10 a week sounds dirt cheap and probably under cutting the well established umbrella companies. This must mean they are new to the game (i have never heard of them) so careful as there may be more of a risk invovled than going with your big name umbrella co's mentioned on this forum
        Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

My advice would be to get a credit check done on them, given that no-one here seems to have heard of them. Also, look them up on the Companies House website to see when they incorporated and if they've ever filed their accounts late.
          Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

cool thanks guys, will do, recommended umbrellas?

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
              My advice would be to get a credit check done on them, given that no-one here seems to have heard of them. Also, look them up on the Companies House website to see when they incorporated and if they've ever filed their accounts late.
              Hmmm... no sign of them on Companies House under that name. No company number listed on their website either (is that legal??). There's a whole bunch of internet-based comapnies listed at that address...

I would be a litle bit wary myself before trusting them with my main income stream.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Avoid like the plague - given that even some of the big boys (Brooksons and Giant to name but two) are heamorraging contractors hand over fist at the moment, I wouldn't go near anyone who is trying to buy business with headlines such as cheapo fees.

They may get loads of contractors on board in the short term but what about service when their systems overload?

Comment

I know for a fact that they have been trading for a few years and the £10 per week is a promotional offer. I have no concerns about there credibility and have always been paid on time and always correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by tobim
                    I know for a fact that they have been trading for a few years and the £10 per week is a promotional offer. I have no concerns about there credibility and have always been paid on time and always correctly.

You've given them a plug before in one of your other 2 posts.

So if you happen to know about them, then spill the beans on what exactly they are ?

I notice their domain name is maybe 18 months old, but what is the legal entity 'goumbrella' ?

It's certainly not a limited company and if it's a trading name for another firm or a sole trader then they should state this in their terms and conditions and contact details. I'm not impressed.
                    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Working...
                    X