• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nasa Consulting, any thoughts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've received my first payslip from Nasa & everything checks out OK.

I can only speak for my case, and certainly there's no question of them inflating the employers NI as has been the accusation, or indeed of withholding money as has been the accusation against at least one other umbrella on these forums.

Too early to say that my first month has been a 100% success as I've not yet seen how they get on with processing my pension payment. But there were no issues of great significance with the payslip and they were quick to provide the clarifications requested.

Comment

Avoid Nasa Umbrella

Originally posted by photomile View Post
      Fair point! The fact you took the time to drop a message says good things in my eyes.

Now I've had a little more than 30 minutes to research everything, I feel pretty pleased with choosing Nasa even if it was a slightly panicked last minute decision (one which, lets be honest if you had to do a last minute decision, you might be worried about it too), I'll give honest feedback once the first payroll has gone through but I'm feeling pretty confident about it and hopefully many more contracts in the future!
      I have used Nasa Umbrella since February 2013 at first sight they appear to be good the sales team is excellent.

I realised that the payslips did not have the YTD Tax and NI figures or how much you have earned in employment. When I asked them why this is they answered " oh it's a known issue we are working on resolving it " more than a month later I continue to receive payslips without the Year to date figures (YTD) granted all the pay calculations appear to be correct but having the YTD figure on your payslips is a must.

They keep fobbing me off saying we'll solve it but never do the other annoying thing is that they send you the payslip at 5.30pm on a Friday afternoon after their office shuts so if you have a query you'll just have to wait till after the weekend.

They are cheap at £12 which is what they keep telling me ( suppose that what they are saying is that at £12/week what do you expect)

Anyway I would not recommend them and you should pay that little extra for a quality service

6/10

Best of Luck

Comment

NASA Umbrella service

I have asked this umbrella company for a quotation, which I received, but as soon as I ask for clarification they do not respond. They make the impression that they do not want people to register with them.... I was just about to do so, but they put me off.... Anyone has any RECENT experience with this company at all? I would appreciate any feedback please ASAP. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by curious View Post
          I have asked this umbrella company for a quotation, which I received, but as soon as I ask for clarification they do not respond. They make the impression that they do not want people to register with them.... I was just about to do so, but they put me off.... Anyone has any RECENT experience with this company at all? I would appreciate any feedback please ASAP. Thanks in advance!
          What were you asking for clarification on exactly?
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Hi there

Would you be able to email myself directly with what your query is and I will respond asap.

my email address is james.watsonatnasaconsulting.com and my number is 0117 929 7683

Many thanks

James

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
              What were you asking for clarification on exactly?
              As I have got their quotation I was checking on the calculations as I did with others and first of all I was asking about their tax deductions as according to my calculation it should have come down to a few pounds in minus, but their illustration showed zero. So I wanted to know how was it calculated as I used HMRC's threshold to my own calculation. Secondly I wanted to see an illustration with my current tax to date and total payment to date figures involved, but they said they would not be able to do it until I am registered and my account is up and running with them... However I still cannot see why they cannot put those figures into the calculations - after all from my point of view all they need is a calculator for that. Am I not right?

Other than that the sales manager quoted a slightly different admin fee per month, which confused me....So I wanted to clarify if there were hidden fees or not involved.

Comment

Originally posted by James Watson View Post
                Hi there

Would you be able to email myself directly with what your query is and I will respond asap.

my email address is james.watsonatnasaconsulting.com and my number is 0117 929 7683

Many thanks

James

Thanks, I will do and update you further.

Comment

As I have got their quotation I was checking on the calculations as I did with others and first of all I was asking about their tax deductions as according to my calculation it should have come down to a few pounds in minus, but their illustration showed zero. So I wanted to know how was it calculated as I used HMRC's threshold to my own calculation. Secondly I wanted to see an illustration with my current tax to date and total payment to date figures involved, but they said they would not be able to do it until I am registered and my account is up and running with them... However I still cannot see why they cannot put those figures into the calculations - after all from my point of view all they need is a calculator for that. Am I not right?

Other than that the sales manager quoted a slightly different admin fee per month, which confused me....So I wanted to clarify if there were hidden fees or not involved.
                  To be fair PAYE is a little more complicated than putting figures into a calculator In order to be able to give an accurate calculation you would need P45 figures which would show tax paid to date, your current tax code, whether or not you were being taxed on a week one basis, whether or not you have student loans which need to be taken into consideration and what pay week funds were actually being processed in if you were on a cumulative code. If you were on a cumulative tax code then any gaps in payment make a difference to the tax that you will be liable to pay.

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                    To be fair PAYE is a little more complicated than putting figures into a calculator In order to be able to give an accurate calculation you would need P45 figures which would show tax paid to date, your current tax code, whether or not you were being taxed on a week one basis, whether or not you have student loans which need to be taken into consideration and what pay week funds were actually being processed in if you were on a cumulative code. If you were on a cumulative tax code then any gaps in payment make a difference to the tax that you will be liable to pay.
                    Thanks for your response. I appreciate what you are saying, but I have provided them with those figures you have mentioned in order to carry out their calculation....Nevertheless, see how it goes....

Comment

Thanks for your response. I appreciate what you are saying, but I have provided them with those figures you have mentioned in order to carry out their calculation....Nevertheless, see how it goes....
                      Oh ok well in that case you should be able to get the figures you're after and a breakdown of same - good luck

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                      X