• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella company payslip and year end statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella company payslip and year end statement

I am planning to go contracting, and have not dealt with Umbrella companies before.I need the following information to ensure my contracting is compliant with UK border agency norms:-
    1.)How does a contractor payslip look compared to a permie one?i.e.,What are the deductions besides employer's and employee NI,Income Tax and Umbrella fees?
    2.)Will a umbrella company have a UK certified chartered accountant who will be able to give me a breakdown of my gross and net earnings at the end of the year?

When I used a brolly, there were two sections to the payslip. The first bit worked out what my Gross pay was, and included deductions such as employer's NI and umbrella fees. The second bit took the result from the first bit (gross) and applied all the usual deductions for any employee anywhere in the UK i.e. employer's NI, PAYE, student loan etc. to calculate my net pay

The brolly should provide you with a P60 every year to show your total earnings, like any other employer would.
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Employment letter and stamped payslips

Also,2.)Will an umbrella company provide me an employment letter and stamped payslips?
      3.) if its not year end for a P60, will an umbrella(upon request) give me a breakdown of my gross and net earnings for a period of earning and signed by a certified chartered accountant?

Comment

Originally posted by Sid View Post
        Also,2.)Will an umbrella company provide me an employment letter and stamped payslips?
        3.) if its not year end for a P60, will an umbrella(upon request) give me a breakdown of my gross and net earnings for a period of earning and signed by a certified chartered accountant?
        Doubt whether u'd get the latter, 'stampings' are not normal practice - why do you want that, sounds like an Indian thing.

An accountant is either Certified or Chartered (IIRC) not both unless he/she is qualified in both which is rare but possible.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Doubt whether u'd get the latter, 'stampings' are not normal practice - why do you want that, sounds like an Indian thing.

An accountant is either Certified or Chartered (IIRC) not both unless he/she is qualified in both which is rare but possible.
          ACCA qualified people are known as Chartered Certified - The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. The English and Scottish Institutes are Chartered only. There are of course a few others too!

OP - an Umbrella can provide payslips, but if you want a letter showing income then you're more likely to get that from an accountant if you ran a limited company of your own.
          ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Very much an Indian thing, or Canadian,Aussie...Read Payslips
            Last edited by Sid; 30 January 2012, 15:06.

Comment

Working...
            X