• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella company that operates in Norway.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella company that operates in Norway.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend an umbrella company that operates in Norway?

I have been giving the name GLOBO Solution from my agent in UK.

Does anyone have experience with them, good or bad???

Thanks

Have only just stumbled across this thread, but if you're still in need of a payroll solution for Norway please feel free to contact me.

Regards

Stuart Marquis
    Business Development at Liberty Bishop
    Last edited by administrator; 9 February 2012, 11:20. Reason: Link removed - see terms and conditions

Comment

How did you get on?

Hi,

folks, I'm new to contracting and am interested in a contract in Norway lasting 12 months. Just wanted to know if you have any advice regarding the tax/accounting situation out there. The daily rate being quoted is £340. Do you think it would be worth it considering tax and living expenses out there?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comment

You could try googling some information such as...

Norwegian Income Tax : International Tax Consultants, Capital Consulting : Tax Guide : Tax Planning for contractors & freelancers

Personally I wouldn't travel more than 20 mins from the house for that. By the time you have taken accomodation, meals off there isn't much left. If you want the experience then it's perfect to go give it a pop, if you want to make some cash from it it's not the one. All down to personal preference really.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Norway has been asked about a number of times on here it seems as well..

Try this..

norway site:forums.contractoruk.com - Google Search
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Personally I wouldn't travel more than 20 mins from the house for that. By the time you have taken accomodation, meals off there isn't much left. If you want the experience then it's perfect to go give it a pop, if you want to make some cash from it it's not the one. All down to personal preference really.
            ND1 - In case you're not aware, Norway is an incredibly expensive country so bear that in mind too. But as NLUK says, it may be worth it for the experience ... and indeed the incredibly GORGEOUS women

Comment

take a look..

ND1:

recently I looked for an umbrella company to help me with a Norway contract I've been considering.
              out of 6 umbrellas I contacted, two I would sugest: Von Essen and MSL Forza.
              these umbrellas showed me the highest retention rates and lots of confidence in operating in Norway, if you want to have a better idea if £340/day (+-400nok per hour) is a good business or not , I would contact them.. just to give you an idea on taxes and deductions..
              about accomodation prices, you have to look carefully and you may find a place nice and "cheap"..
              one web site you can look: FINN.no: Reise, Oppdrag, Torget, Eiendom, Bil, MC, Båt...
              I found a nice room for 5000 nok (+- £550) per month.
              hope this helped..

see you in Stavanger mate?

Tony

Comment

Has anyone heard of an umbrella company called "Von Hayden"? The recruter asked me to work with them, but I can't find any info related to their reputation and activity, which doesn't make me rely on them at all. I see Von Essen has pretty bad reports around here. I'll try to see what MSL Forza can do. Any advice would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                ND1:

recently I looked for an umbrella company to help me with a Norway contract I've been considering.
                out of 6 umbrellas I contacted, two I would sugest: Von Essen and MSL Forza.
                these umbrellas showed me the highest retention rates and lots of confidence in operating in Norway, if you want to have a better idea if £340/day (+-400nok per hour) is a good business or not , I would contact them.. just to give you an idea on taxes and deductions..
                about accomodation prices, you have to look carefully and you may find a place nice and "cheap"..
                one web site you can look: FINN.no: Reise, Oppdrag, Torget, Eiendom, Bil, MC, Båt...
                I found a nice room for 5000 nok (+- £550) per month.
                hope this helped..

see you in Stavanger mate?

Tony

Comment

Working...
                X