• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feedback on few Umbrella Companies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback on few Umbrella Companies?

Hi,

I recently got a job offer to go to Norway and I would like to know if anybody has a good/bad feedback on the following Umbrella Companies:

-> Von Essen
    -> Globo Solutions
    -> Capital Consulting
    -> MSL Payroll

thank you.

Tony

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
    Hi,

I recently got a job offer to go to Norway and I would like to know if anybody has a good/bad feedback on the following Umbrella Companies:

-> Von Essen
    -> Globo Solutions
    -> Capital Consulting
    -> MSL Payroll

thank you.

Tony
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...von-essen.html

Can't find anything on the site about the other you mention
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
      http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...von-essen.html

Can't find anything on the site about the other you mention
      Thank you Lisa!
      from that thread you mentioned I can understand they have been in the market for a while (at least since 2009).
      the curious thing is they showed me the highest retention (75%) against all other companies (60~65%). It seems to me they are very confortable in the Norway market..

cheers,

Tony

Comment

Thank you Lisa!
        from that thread you mentioned I can understand they have been in the market for a while (at least since 2009).
        the curious thing is they showed me the highest retention (75%) against all other companies (60~65%). It seems to me they are very confortable in the Norway market..

cheers,

Tony
        Hi Tony

And did they explain how they were going to offer you a much higher retention rate than any other company?

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          Hi Tony

And did they explain how they were going to offer you a much higher retention rate than any other company?
          Hi Lisa,

Yes they did, while other companies where just offering the umbrella scheme, VE offered me the Self Employed scheme and as part of the deal they recommended an "expenses card" which is a kind of top-up credit card where they put some money every month that I can use on my monthly expenses or anywhere in the world and another account like an offshore account.. in the end there will be 3 payments to be made.. I really dont care how many payments they will make, as long as I get some more money in my pocket
          they also confirmed, all this is legal..
          only one thing I dislike.. theyre fee... almost EUR 600 per month..
          other umbrellas charge a bit less ~EUR 500.. but in the end VE with such a higher retention worths the higher fee

Thank you.

Tony

Comment

Here comes another one, no wonder these schemes prosper, there is always some mug who believes their spin.
            "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Hi Lisa,

Yes they did, while other companies where just offering the umbrella scheme, VE offered me the Self Employed scheme and as part of the deal they recommended an "expenses card" which is a kind of top-up credit card where they put some money every month that I can use on my monthly expenses or anywhere in the world and another account like an offshore account.. in the end there will be 3 payments to be made.. I really dont care how many payments they will make, as long as I get some more money in my pocket
              other umbrellas charge a bit less ~EUR 500.. but in the end VE with such a higher retention worths the higher fee

Thank you.

Tony
              Yep, and we may pull up this thread while we laugh at him when he comes back crying that the nasty big boys have run away with his sweeties.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Hi Lisa,

Thank you.

Tony
                I don't know whether to or

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Hi Lisa,

Thank you.

Tony
                  When you have made all this extra money I have a bridge in London that you can buy off me!!

Comment

Hi lady and gents,

first of all, thank you for your comments.
                    after reading all these replies, I really dont know what to think..
                    it seems to me that all of you think this is not a 100% legal procedure.
                    I asked them why their retention was higher (much higher) and they explained..
                    and I also asked if this is legal.. and they confirmed its very legal, otherwise they would get exposed to the company involved (big company in Norway market) and to other contractors.. the guy said the reason they expand so fast is because of so many happy contractors.. as everybody knows.. an happy costumer brings another costumer.. so in the end it makes sense to me.

I would like to share with you that MSL Forza surprised me today.
                    I could not believe when they said their fee is £100 per month
                    It is by far the lowest fee I've been asked in all my contractor experience..
                    once again, too good to be truth, huh?
                    on the other hand, Capital Consulting surprised me by the negative, when they asked £1060 per month fee..

cheers,

Tony

Comment

Working...
                    X