Ex Giant Powerhouse Contractors - Help wanted Ex Giant Powerhouse Contractors - Help wanted
Posts 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Default Ex Giant Powerhouse Contractors - Help wanted

    Please can anyone who was a Giant Powerhouse contractor to see if they still have a copy of the personal accident insurance that was offered when you signed up?

    I'm unable to find my copy and need it in order to claim.
    Last edited by cojak; 3rd May 2012 at 13:15. Reason: Removed personal information - people can still help you with this info.

  2. #2

    Umbrella Queen

    LisaContractorUmbrella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Colchester
    Posts
    5,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by When will it all end View Post
    Please can anyone who was a Giant Powerhouse contractor to see if they still have a copy of the personal accident insurance that was offered when you signed up?

    I'm unable to find my copy and need it in order to claim.
    Didn't that arm of the company fold up a few years ago? I doubt if that sort of insurance would still be valid if you were no longer working through them
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

    Follow us on Twitter.

    ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    Didn't that arm of the company fold up a few years ago? I doubt if that sort of insurance would still be valid if you were no longer working through them
    My husband was killed in an accident while he was with Giant Powerhouse.

    Thank you Cojak for the 'editing' of information, but I would prefer not to keep going over the facts, as painful as they are.
    Last edited by When will it all end; 3rd May 2012 at 13:59.

  4. #4

    Umbrella Queen

    LisaContractorUmbrella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Colchester
    Posts
    5,370

    Default

    Sorry to hear that When Will It all End. Although Powerhouse is no longer trading I believe the senior management structure is the same so the personnel at Giant Group should be able to help you as they should still have that sort of information on file.

    Good luck
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

    Follow us on Twitter.

    ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    Sorry to hear that When Will It all End. Although Powerhouse is no longer trading I believe the senior management structure is the same so the personnel at Giant Group should be able to help you as they should still have that sort of information on file.

    Good luck
    Thanks Lisa,

    I did explain before, but my posting has been very unhelpfully butchered!

    I have contacted Giant, as far back as 2006 and they have denied that my husband was a 'Powerhouse' client, despite several documents that my husband printed off with that heading. Despite many requests, they have never produced a copy of his contract. They have denied the existence of Accident Insurance which was stated on the Giant Powerhouse website, then later shutdown!

    This is why I need to contact other Ex Giant Powerhouse clients to see if anyone has a copy of the policy.

    My husbands work involved sensitive MOD secrets, so I was not allowed anywhere near his laptop after his death, otherwise I'd have all the evidence I'd need.

    and....Whoever you are ....PLEASE don't delete all or part of this message!!!!!.

  6. #6

    Fingers like lightning

    To BI or not to BI?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Hi

    I was with Giant Powerhouse in 2006.

    I still have printouts of the schedule of insurance but unfortunately I did not keep the insurance document itself.
    The schedule was issued by QDOS so maybe they can help....

    Bi
    Carpe Pactum

    (does fuzzy logic tickle?)

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by To BI or not to BI? View Post
    Hi

    I was with Giant Powerhouse in 2006.

    I still have printouts of the schedule of insurance but unfortunately I did not keep the insurance document itself.
    The schedule was issued by QDOS so maybe they can help....

    Bi

    Thank you so much M. It's a relief to hear from you!

    Please email me the copy of the schedule to beverley@maisonsetjardins.com. I have called QDOS but they need to see a copy of the schedule, being 5 years since the end of Giant Powerhouse, they don't have anything at hand.

    A note for anyone who uses Giant or another company that is paperless

    PLEASE print off your accident insurance policy if you have one, incase (God forbid), anything should happen to you, so that your spouse doesn't have years of brick walls to deal with, life is really hard enough without companies trying to get out of there obligations.

  8. #8

    Fingers like lightning

    To BI or not to BI?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    785

    Default

    No probs. Will do that tonight when I get home.

    Hope it helps to get things sorted out
    Carpe Pactum

    (does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •