• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekly Payment from UC, but Monthly paid by Agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly Payment from UC, but Monthly paid by Agency

Hi, are there any Umbrella Cos that effectively "pay in advance"?

I've got a contract starting 1st Oct, and the first pay date will be on or around the 17th of November - I can't wait that long for funds- is there a U/C that would start paying me after the first weeks work [ ie between the 8th - 12th of October? ]

Thanks

Bluebird Dave
    Last edited by Bluebird; 21 September 2012, 09:02.
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
    Hi, are there any Umbrella Cos that effectively "pay in advance"?

I've got a contract starting 1st Oct, and the first pay date will be on or around the 17th of November - I can't wait that long for funds- is there a U/C that would start paying me after the first weeks work [ ie between the 8th - 12th of October? ]

Thanks

Bluebird Dave
    Sorry Bluebird Dave but I don't think there are any more - way too big a risk in a recession unfortunately; you may be able to negotiate with the agency/client
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

WLS
      Your best bet is to negotiate some sort of early payment for the first month. You may be able to get some sort of stepped payment arrangement whereby they pay after a wee, then the next two weeks and then onto the monthly terms. I've done this in the past.
      You also need to ensure that the umbrella you use pay on receipt of funds and don't hang on to it for a while. Be aware that unless they offer a chaps payment facility (which they most likely will charge for) that it will still be another three days from when they send your pay out the doot before you get your mitts on it.

Comment

Working...
      X