• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giant have reduced my wages by £30 a week..HELP!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant have reduced my wages by £30 a week..HELP!!!

Hey guys, pretty new to using forums but i really need some advice. The weekly net pay i get from Giant has been reduced by £30 a week even though what i am earning gross hasn't and my tax code is still the same. Any ideas as i can't get a straight answer from them??

We would need to see payslips to answer. I'll happily look at them quickly offline if you - understandably - don't want to post them here.

Comment

Originally posted by MatttyC View Post
      Hey guys, pretty new to using forums but i really need some advice. The weekly net pay i get from Giant has been reduced by £30 a week even though what i am earning gross hasn't and my tax code is still the same. Any ideas as i can't get a straight answer from them??
      What answer do they give? Keep banging on their door till they give you one? It is a bit hard for us to comment from this alone really.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The only thing other than tax code or gaps in payment which will affect take home on the same gross is expenses claimed - are they the same each week/month??
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

"Bank charges" maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Vallah View Post
            "Bank charges" maybe?

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
              Could it be something like "pay between assignment" (PBA) retention for the first 12 weeks to cover any potential Agency Worker's Regulations (AWR) claims?
              http://www.linkedin.com/in/sallyfletcher

Comment

Originally posted by Sally@InTouch View Post
                Could it be something like "pay between assignment" (PBA) retention for the first 12 weeks to cover any potential Agency Worker's Regulations (AWR) claims?
                I didn't think that anyone else was still doing that but I suppose it could be Sally - can't see why it would cause a drop in pay only in recent weeks though

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                  I didn't think that anyone else was still doing that but I suppose it could be Sally - can't see why it would cause a drop in pay only in recent weeks though
                  True Lisa. The initial idea for introducing it was to cover just pay periods to retain sufficient to cover a 4 weeks claim after 12 qualifying weeks (and correct me if I'm wrong as I'm out of brolly now) and it would have started from the first pay slip.
                  http://www.linkedin.com/in/sallyfletcher

Comment

Originally posted by Sally@InTouch View Post
                    True Lisa. The initial idea for introducing it was to cover just pay periods to retain sufficient to cover a 4 weeks claim after 12 qualifying weeks (and correct me if I'm wrong as I'm out of brolly now) and it would have started from the first pay slip.
                    Yes, exactly and as the OP said that the net has reduced from previous payslips I am inclined to think that it's something else

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                    X