• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Umbrella Company Right For Me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Masetw123 View Post
    Well at present i take home £303.81 but also have 45.27 holiday pay taken out every week? so yes i would be slightly better off
    The holiday pay would be paid back to you when you took holiday and an umbrella company would also deduct holiday pay (we take about £20 per week) so in real terms you actually wouldn't be any better off. I don't think that umbrella, in your current circumstances, would be the way to go.
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

GoUmbrella review - the WORST I have ever gone through by a million miles

Hello,

I have been through a few umbrella companies before and this one drove me crazy. I think they might have actually had it in for me, I am still getting remnants of the mess they made months after my contract.

Their website for adding receipts and putting through pay claims was broken last year. I had to use an IE testing tool to be able to do it in IE6 for it to work, and it would still only work sometimes. Really buggy. A lot of phone calls back and forth and doing it again, etc.

They sent emails onto my employers to tell them of 'my mistakes' in the billing process when I was incorrectly paid due to their system.

They told me to submit through the wrong forms to make it easier to put through receipts, which have lead me to have to now fill out more forms to the tax office to retract the claims

Basically caused me no end of stress, a lot of condescending emails, made me look bad to my eployer, etc.

I originally went with them because they were the cheapest. It was a tiny amount less at the time. Can't tell you how badly I wished I hadn't.

I'm not normally this angry!!

Parasol were very good. A bit more expensive, but brilliant site, really easy, happy days. Else ask your employer who other people were happy with before. There's a few bad ones I've heard about and it can be horrible!!

Comment

Working...
      X