• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spring & Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring & Umbrella

Hi

I've been contracting for 15 odd years, using a mixture of Umbrella Co's initially then I had a Ltd Co (which I failed at running!!), and now I'm using another Umbrella

I need this new contract, as my Mum has just been told she potentially has Cancer and I need to be local to home, not living in a hotel all week, especially as my Dad has Alzheimers!!

Spring (who my new contract is with) have advised that I can't use my current Co as they are not on their preferred supplier list and fail their credit checks.

So, their choices are

Giant
    Pay Stream
    Clear Accountancy

With working my notice in my current contract, creating handover notes & stressing over my Mum, I don't need the hassle of this, so I'm asking for your recommendations of who the best of those 3 would be please?

I know, it is exceedingly cheeky, but I really do need expert advice on this as I don't have the time to investigate them in the timeframe Spring want it (today!) so the contract can be sorted out.

Many, many thanks in advance!

Originally posted by alikat View Post
    Hi

I've been contracting for 15 odd years, using a mixture of Umbrella Co's initially then I had a Ltd Co (which I failed at running!!), and now I'm using another Umbrella

I need this new contract, as my Mum has just been told she potentially has Cancer and I need to be local to home, not living in a hotel all week, especially as my Dad has Alzheimers!!

Spring (who my new contract is with) have advised that I can't use my current Co as they are not on their preferred supplier list and fail their credit checks.

So, their choices are

Giant
    Pay Stream
    Clear Accountancy

With working my notice in my current contract, creating handover notes & stressing over my Mum, I don't need the hassle of this, so I'm asking for your recommendations of who the best of those 3 would be please?

I know, it is exceedingly cheeky, but I really do need expert advice on this as I don't have the time to investigate them in the timeframe Spring want it (today!) so the contract can be sorted out.

Many, many thanks in advance!
    I don't know Clear.

Both Giant and Paystream are on our list, and get good feedback from our contractors. Get an illustration from them and work out who's service suits you best would be my advice.
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Credit checks? Do Spring plan on lending money to your umbrella company?
      Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Thank you both

I've had illustrations from both Giant & Paystream - I'd lose about 15% of what I get now by using them

I know Addeco are huge, but can I dig my heels in and insist they use my current company?

Comment

Thank you both

I've had illustrations from both Giant & Paystream - I'd lose about 15% of what I get now by using them

I know Addeco are huge, but can I dig my heels in and insist they use my current company?
          You can ask, but the bean c(o)unters in charge probably won't permit it. And seriously, right now it looks like you really don't need the hassle.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

You are quite correct there

I'm just going to have to suck it up & lose the 15% as I can't be doing with the hassle of running a Ltd again either

Thanks

Comment

All umbrella companies should work in the same way so there is no way you should be losing 15% of your take home moving from one to another - the only difference should be their margin
              Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

I hate to point this out while Lisa is posting in this thread but Paystream did win the best brollie award this year...

ContractorUK Readers' Awards 2012: the winners :: Contractor UK
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I hate to point this out while Lisa is posting in this thread but Paystream did win the best brollie award this year...

ContractorUK Readers' Awards 2012: the winners :: Contractor UK
                  That's all right NL sniff I don't mind sniff
                  Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                    That's all right NL sniff I don't mind sniff
                    Us runners uppers have to stick together and support each other Lisa!! <pats gently>

Have to say even though they were runners up the year before where did they come from? I can't remember anyone on here saying they were a client of theirs, particularly in the accounting section. I can only find one post from someone using them and not a single recommedation for their accountancy.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X