• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol - Employment Cost

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parasol - Employment Cost

Hi
    I know this topic was already posted in forum last year. I needed an answer from current situation not knowing if this has changed from last year.

I joined Parasol in Nov 12 and used them for 3 months. Now in Feb 13, i've managed to get my own Ltd company.

I have only just checked in detail my last 3 payslips from parasol and it had employment cost in there. So far I have roughly paid £650 in the last 3 months. they had payslip explanation and right towards the end the put Employment Cost detail which states:

Employment costs are an amount retained from the invoice that Parasol receives from the agency/client. The amount retained needs to cover the costs incurred by Parasol to employ you on a full contract of employment and comply with legislation. For example 13.8% is retained for Employers’ NIC. We have always retained the NIC but it’s now displayed on your payslip as an employment cost.

My question now is that should I have done something and is it my fault that i let them deduct it for last 3 months?

Even though i just left Parasol, is there anything that can be done?

I am not good with accounting and I was just told that my net will be around 75% of the gross salary every month and I kind off just concentrated on that .

Please advice.

Appreciate your help and advice

thanks

Originally posted by Mastersaab View Post
    Hi
    I know this topic was already posted in forum last year. I needed an answer from current situation not knowing if this has changed from last year.

I joined Parasol in Nov 12 and used them for 3 months. Now in Feb 13, i've managed to get my own Ltd company.

I have only just checked in detail my last 3 payslips from parasol and it had employment cost in there. So far I have roughly paid £650 in the last 3 months. they had payslip explanation and right towards the end the put Employment Cost detail which states:

Employment costs are an amount retained from the invoice that Parasol receives from the agency/client. The amount retained needs to cover the costs incurred by Parasol to employ you on a full contract of employment and comply with legislation. For example 13.8% is retained for Employers’ NIC. We have always retained the NIC but it’s now displayed on your payslip as an employment cost.

My question now is that should I have done something and is it my fault that i let them deduct it for last 3 months?

Even though i just left Parasol, is there anything that can be done?

I am not good with accounting and I was just told that my net will be around 75% of the gross salary every month and I kind off just concentrated on that .

Please advice.

Appreciate your help and advice

thanks
    Umbrella companies, as with all other UK employers are obliged to pay Employer's National Insurance contributions. This amount as well as the umbrella company's margin is deducted from the contract rate (contained within the business to business contract between the umbrella company and agency); the balance is then processed for you through PAYE as your salary
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
    X