• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency wants me to switch umbrella Co.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piers View Post
    Hello,

I've spoken to them today, after phoning up the three approved umbrellas for illustrations.

Apparently they had auditors in, who highlighted that by dealing with dozens of different companies they were taking too much risk. They examined a few companies in detail, and those three were the ones they decided were robust enough for them. They plan on adding more to the list in future, but for now it's just those.

So, given that I don't seem to have much choice in the matter, any recommendations? Apart from weekly fee is there anything to choose between them?

Piers.
    If you do a search in this section I am sure you will find recommendations or otherwise - it's a bit difficult for me to recommend
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Hello again,

Lisa, I understand entirely! What I should have asked is "For those of you not affiliated to the competition, any recommendations?"!

I'll have a look through the forum for info.

Regards,

Piers.

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
      If you do a search in this section I am sure you will find recommendations or otherwise - it's a bit difficult for me to recommend

Comment

don't know the 1st one but wouldn't recommend the other two

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          Is that because you don't know any good ones?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X