• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella issues

If you receive no joy from your umbrella is there an overseeing body who you can escalate to?

Yep there is LisaContractorUmbrella. She is Queen of the Umbrellas. Mess with her at your peril though.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 13 September 2013, 18:29.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Which umbrella? Have you tried talking to them?

Comment

I have phoned numerous times

I have emailed numerous times

My agency have emailed and phoned.

I have even resorted to texting

This has been going on since june

I did not choose to use this umbrella I was forced by the agency I will NOT make that mistake again.

Comment

What is the nature of your complaint(s)?

Why don't you want to name and shame? Bad publicity is often a good way of putting things right....

Comment

I am happy to name and shame

Parasol owe me money they made a complete Horlicks of my pay.

I will never ever work for them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
              I am happy to name and shame

Parasol owe me money they made a complete Horlicks of my pay.

I will never ever work for them again.
              Although I do not use umbrellas, I am surprised by the above because I would have thought that such a well known outfit would be good at resolving issues.

It is bad enough for those that need to use umbrellas that it is not always easy to see the substance behind the offer before using the service. I shudder at the idea of relying on a two bit accountancy firm to have sufficient money to pay a few contractors just after the tax/vat comes due. You just do not need a bad experience with a big name company as well!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Yep there is LisaContractorUmbrella. She is Queen of the Umbrellas. Mess with her at your peril though.
                Worthy lady, no doubt but not a governing body which I agree is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Taita View Post
                  Worthy lady, no doubt but not a governing body which I agree is needed.
                  Bless ya Unfortunately we don't have a governing body - which we would all like - but there is a website called All Umbrella Companies are Equal that has over 30 umbrella companies as members and will raise issues that people have with their umbrella companies on their behalf
                  Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    you are right about the peril bit though HIIIIIIII YAAAAAAA
                    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
                    X