• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella companys

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella companys

has anybody any experience of the following

Dark Blue Solutions Ltd

White Collar Ltd

RACS Group

Halcyon Management & Consulting Ltd

i am being forced to change umbrella company yet again, any of the above any good/to be avoided???
    Last edited by Anonimouse; 2 December 2013, 15:18.

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
    has anybody any experience of the following

Dark Blue Solutions Ltd

White Collar Ltd

RACS Group

Halcyon Management & Consulting Ltd

i am being forced to change umbrella company yet again, any of the above any good/to be avoided???
    The only one I know is RACS group and they have a pretty good reputation. Just bear in mind, if you move and only have one assignment through a new umbrella, you won't be able to claim travel and subsistence expenses as your workplace won't meet the HMRC rules for a temporary workplace.
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

This wouldn't be a problem if agencies didn't keep forcing you to change.

I have no idea how many contracts I will have for a particular agency until recently I worked for the same one for over 10 years, but the market has changed.

My current agency I last worked for in 2011 then 2012 half 2013 back to main agency then the awful contract just prior to this.

So same brolly since 2011 then break June this year now back with same brolly but interview tomorrow and agency has produced above list.

Comment

I must be a pain to keep chopping and changing If you move to a new umbrella, you will need to make sure that they have an over-arching contract of employment in place in order that you can claim travel and subsistence expenses and you must also have the intention to work on more than one assignment whilst you're in their employment.

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

intention is not the issue, the agency for my previous contract have loads of work, but as they use an awful umbrella I can't work for them. I didn't know I was going to get stitched up when I took the contract so intended to take more work.

I really wish agencies weren't allowed to dictate which umbrella you can use. but they say no job unless you use * umbrella.

Comment

intention is not the issue, the agency for my previous contract have loads of work, but as they use an awful umbrella I can't work for them. I didn't know I was going to get stitched up when I took the contract so intended to take more work.

I really wish agencies weren't allowed to dictate which umbrella you can use. but they say no job unless you use * umbrella.
            Well you know the answer to that one, don't you...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

If your skills are in demand it may be worth putting your foot down and insisting that you remain with your current umbrella company - after all they are your employer

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                I must be a pain to keep chopping and changing If you move to a new umbrella, you will need to make sure that they have an over-arching contract of employment in place in order that you can claim travel and subsistence expenses and you must also have the intention to work on more than one assignment whilst you're in their employment. Ltd company, then that resolves the issue and there's one less person in the chain to run off with your money
                FTFY
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
                  FTFY
                  Helpful. Thanks

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

have been ltd in the past, but accountant issues drove me back to umbrella

Comment

Working...
                    X