• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting and Tax Credits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting and Tax Credits

Hi,

Potentially going from a FTC to umbrella and was wondering peoples experience on claiming tax credits.

As I already get CTC [Child Tax Credits] I am assuming if 1 get x per day that Tax Credits will take the earned incoming before expenses/umbrella deductions ect?

tia

Originally posted by chappers View Post
    Hi,

Potentially going from a FTC to umbrella and was wondering peoples experience on claiming tax credits.

As I already get CTC [Child Tax Credits] I am assuming if 1 get x per day that Tax Credits will take the earned incoming before expenses/umbrella deductions ect?

tia
    I am not an expert on tax credits but I would think that they would be based on your salary with the umbrella company rather than the contract value
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
      I am not an expert on tax credits but I would think that they would be based on your salary with the umbrella company rather than the contract value
      I'd agree with Lisa, it's not something I tend to get involved with but believe it would be your gross salary with the Umbrella company that counts rather than the day rate. After all, you should have an over arching contract of employment with the Umbrella company so are an employee just like you would be at any other company.

Martin
      Contratax Ltd

Comment

Working...
      X