• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

90% vs 52%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saying all that we are say here laughing at how ridiculous these things are but there are still morons that are interested in them. One posted today even while this thread is running. No wonder they push these things with gullible idiots around every corner.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-trustees.html
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Trouble is that a lot of the schemes sound very credible - tax is a complicated subject and most people only have the most basic understanding - QC and HMRC approved would probably be enough to convince most people - plus the attraction of 90% take home obviously
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

I've never understood how people can't ask themselves "why doesn't everyone operate like this?" before diving blindly in.

If you could get 90% legitimately, everyone would do it.

Used car salesman anyone?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
          I've never understood how people can't ask themselves "why doesn't everyone operate like this?" before diving blindly in.

It's funny you should say that HMRC wins further victory over boutique tax adviser - FTAdviser.com

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post

Indeed - the problem is that the people who do this are not stupid, they are arrogant as they think ' Ha no one else is as clever as me becuase they are not doing this!'

They do not think 'Hmm no else is doing this so it must be dodgy'

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Indeed - the problem is that the people who do this are not stupid, they are arrogant as they think ' Ha no one else is as clever as me becuase they are not doing this!'

They do not think 'Hmm no else is doing this so it must be dodgy'
              The trouble is that it isn't just a few that think they are clever - according to HMRC their new anti avoidance legislation will affect 65,000 people

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                The trouble is that it isn't just a few that think they are clever - according to HMRC their new anti avoidance legislation will affect 65,000 people
                Hmm that is quite a lot - does this really show that well about 65,000 of the UK population have absolutley no morals at all when it comes to money?

Comment

Hmm that is quite a lot - does this really show that well about 65,000 of the UK population have absolutley no morals at all when it comes to money?
                  More likely that 65k people (out of 2.5 million of them) were taken in by a combination of smart salesmen and fear and/or ignorance of IR35.

To be fair, 3% of any population are likely to get the wrong end of something. Snag is, this one is likely to be expensive.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

It is a lot but, playing devil's advocate, when most of them first used these schemes they probably would not have been viewed in the same way as they are now - either by the population at large or HMRC come to that - tax avoidance has only been aligned with tax evasion over the last couple of years

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

In a better world Inland Revenue would go after the Indian outsourcers first as they are ripping off the tax man to a much bigger extent.

The list if endless on the wheezes they get up to.

Comment

Working...
                      X