90% vs 52% 90% vs 52%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: 90% vs 52%

  1. #1

    Godlike


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,650

    Default 90% vs 52%

    w ww.vivacontracts.com/umbrella-company-1.php - Umbrella Company Alternative - Viva Contracts

    "Take home up to 90% from contracts, compared to 52% with an Umbrella Company"

    It's no wonder people are drawn to these dodgy schemes.

  2. #2

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    20,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    w ww.vivacontracts.com/umbrella-company-1.php - Umbrella Company Alternative - Viva Contracts

    "Take home up to 90% from contracts, compared to 52% with an Umbrella Company"

    It's no wonder people are drawn to these dodgy schemes.
    Punters don't want to hear anything else but 'It's a winner - go for it!!!!' You can hardly blame the CUK regulars for being peed off by it all, we've been saying that they're rubbish since 2005....
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

  3. #3

    Godlike


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Punters don't want to hear anything else but 'It's a winner - go for it!!!!' You can hardly blame the CUK regulars for being peed off by it all, we've been saying that they're rubbish since 2005....
    If it's true though, 52% from an Umbrella would be pretty hard to swallow.

  4. #4

    Nice But Dim

    DaveB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,463

    Default

    Hmm,

    IoM Phone Number,

    No registered adress or other details on the website.

    Domain registered by a shell hosting co. using a protected identity.

    No email address provided.

    Sounds perfectly legit to me
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

  5. #5

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,527

    Default

    92% from c ontractor a ngels (I think) is the record so far I believe.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  6. #6

    Godlike


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    92% from c ontractor a ngels (I think) is the record so far I believe.
    I wonder how much of the other 8% HMRC get?

  7. #7

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    108,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    92% from c ontractor a ngels (I think) is the record so far I believe.
    Shall we start a scheme offering 93%? Better still we can clear off to Rio taking 50% each! Unless I decide to knife you and take 100%.......

  8. #8

    Nice But Dim

    DaveB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    92% from c ontractor a ngels (I think) is the record so far I believe.
    Nope, 93% from Big Fat Bastard Umbrella(sorry, Big Fat Eastern Religious Figure Umbrella). They also whined at Admin when they got a write up on here.

    In fact their ad on CUK under the Umbrella Contacts page still has that figure.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

  9. #9

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Nope, 93% from Big Fat Bastard Umbrella(sorry, Big Fat Eastern Religious Figure Umbrella). They also whined at Admin when they got a write up on here.
    They did? When was that? I mentioned them awhile back. Right funny setup they had.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  10. #10

    Nice But Dim

    DaveB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    They did? When was that? I mentioned them awhile back. Right funny setup they had.
    I did some digging on them when they got a mention. Don't recall the details now but it wasn't confidence inspiring. They whinged about it and the post got pulled.

    I really need to get my own site up and running to host this stuff, then just link to it. Would save admin the grief if nothing else.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •