• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are the liabilities with umbrella's such as Garraway Ltd.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scribble Squad View Post
    • I have no desire of falling foul of HMRC - does being under an umbrella rule flat out that I am?
    Yes - if you are with a geniune umbrella company, then they are your employer so you will pay NI and PAYE on the amount that you earn.

If you are with a dodgy loan scheme, then the chances of you falling foul of HMRC increase dramatically.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

No excuses after you've found forums.contractoruk.com

Originally posted by Scribble Squad View Post
      Hi all:

>snip
      •*I believe Garraway would be considered a 'loan scheme', am I wrong?
      >snip
      Thanks for any help in advance.
      Garraway will take <15%, pay HMRC minimal tax and transfer a lot of money into your account.

You will be happy, it's minimal hassle and you'll sleep at night.

Then HMRC will come calling, it won't matter if, at the finer level of law, the scheme is effective or not -Garraway will disappear and resurface as something else.

HMRC will pursue you and you will pay them a lot of money. You may, one day, get your day in court - but by that point you will have lost your house.

If I had found this site before I considered such a scheme I would never have joined.

If anyone joins one of these schemes after reading the posts here, then they are truly , truly f***ing stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
        Garraway will take <15%, pay HMRC minimal tax and transfer a lot of money into your account.

Then HMRC will come calling, it won't matter if, at the finer level of law, the scheme is effective or not -Garraway will disappear and resurface as something else.

HMRC will pursue you and you will pay them a lot of money. You may, one day, get your day in court - but by that point you will have lost your house.

If I had found this site before I considered such a scheme I would never have joined.

If anyone joins one of these schemes after reading the posts here, then they are truly , truly f***ing stupid.
        Well said Sir
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post

Have you considered a new career with the diplomatic service.

Comment

Working...
          X