• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

newbie saying hello

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie saying hello

Hi newbie here and long time lurker.

Don't panic I'm not about to ask a question that I could quickly find by googling or looking at the first timer guides

After lurking on here over 5yrs ago and then taking a permie job I decided its time to commit to moving to a contractor role so have recently had the joy of dealing with pimps again (but the more wild and vicious contract pimps compared to the permie ones).

This site and forums in particular has been an absolute gold mine of information so thank you to all

Just had the call about the rate being lower than they originally thought (by 10%), so I refused and within 5mins have an email saying they can put me through at the original rate which feels like a tiny tiny victory.
    I was thinking of creating a bulltulip bingo card to keep to hand whenever a pimp calls

Bonjour!

This site has helped me no end but watch out the dogs bite sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by dev View Post

Just had the call about the rate being lower than they originally thought (by 10%), so I refused and within 5mins have an email saying they can put me through at the original rate which feels like a tiny tiny victory. ...
      I'm always tempted to say - oh, sorry, my rate is 10% higher than I originally thought...
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Dev come back! We need newbies like you.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I'm always tempted to say - oh, sorry, my rate is 10% higher than I originally thought...
          haha yes I think I would if I had more options than I currently do when I told them there was another agent advertising the same role and I'd just go through them it was amazing how quickly they were able to reverse the decision.

Thanks for the welcome everyone

Comment

Working...
          X