• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Current permco raised "would you like to contract for us"... IR35? Contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eman View Post
    Fair enough. And Yup...as a permy looking to make the transition soon (currently saving up to roughly 6-9 months worth of living expenses - and researching on CUK in every spare moment) I am trying to adopt an attitude from day 1 whereby my choosing a gig or it's financial viability will not be dependent on the difference in my take home between being inside or outside IR35.
    Sounds like the right way to approach it. Have a look at the tips sticky to see if there is anything new there you hadn't considered and might be worth researching...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-business.html
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

And we're off!

So, in an exciting turn of events, I politely declined staying at existing co in any shape or form as I wanted to stick to my plan. They were cool (I think they respected me for it actually). Finished there, was still getting paid for a few days (hol owed), took that + a few days at my own cost and hammered the job boards, phone, networking circuit etc! And landed a contract - day rate I'm happy with, sensible client and agent, weekly timesheets, self-billing invoices, and weekly payment cycle. First 2 weeks done now, so first payment came through yesterday yay!

So it's all go now ... Thanks for your support and info on here

Only down side is clientco uses Lotus Notes.

Comment

Originally posted by matty View Post
        So, in an exciting turn of events, I politely declined staying at existing co in any shape or form as I wanted to stick to my plan. They were cool (I think they respected me for it actually). Finished there, was still getting paid for a few days (hol owed), took that + a few days at my own cost and hammered the job boards, phone, networking circuit etc! And landed a contract - day rate I'm happy with, sensible client and agent, weekly timesheets, self-billing invoices, and weekly payment cycle. First 2 weeks done now, so first payment came through yesterday yay!

Well done
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

First of all. Congratulations to the OP.

Would a change of job title and / or working days have made a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by matty View Post

Thanks for the update and well done. As you'll learn in a while, the second contract is always the hardest.

Originally posted by DanielSQL View Post
            First of all. Congratulations to the OP.

Would a change of job title and / or working days have made a difference?
            You've lost him, get over it.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Thanks for the update and well done. As you'll learn in a while, the second contract is always the hardest.

You've lost him, get over it.
              second was the easiest (3 days of looking). But that was luck

Comment

Working...
              X